THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    What Is The Difference Between 6PPC And 6PPC USA

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is The Difference Between 6PPC And 6PPC USA
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
I just chambered a barrel for the 6mm PPC, and found that the cases we have - Norma 6MM PPC USA, do not chamber??

I do not have on hand 6mm PPC cases to compare, so if anyone has any information, I would appreciate it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
p. 436 in Ken Howell's book shows the slight differences. (Will attempt a picture.)

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
An empty 6PPC USA goes in until a few thou are left and that is it.

I did not want to mess about without knowing the measurements.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that the 6PPC USA simply uses a standard neck thickness whereas a 6PPC uses a thinned neck since benchrest shooters generally like to turn their necks to assure consistent neck thickness.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote