Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25-45 Sharps
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I am new to this forum so please forgive me I am bringing up an old subject. I have a 25-45 Sharps AR which I put together last summer. I am trying find some reloading data for this round. The limited data provided by Sharps indicated that Accurate 2200 is the best powder for this round. Currently, Accurate 2200 is not available to me. Does anyone have any load experience with round using other powders? I have using Alliant 1200R with some success. Thanks

Posts: 4 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 28 November 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I don't load that cartridge but this guy has some data.

http://1587510142.rsc.cdn77.or..._Round_K%20Kempa.pdf

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned, I have been using Alliant 1200R, 26.5 grain under an 80 grain Barnes TTSX from a 20 inch barrel gives me 2950 FPS. Great velocity but the load does not reliably cycle the bolt on my AR. I tried Alliant Varmint at 27 grain and got 2680 FPs, this load cycles the bolt without issue.

posted Hide Post
Update. I went back to the range with some 87 grain factory loads and found they were not locking the bolt back on the last round either. Even tried a second BCG with the same results. With some closer inspection with the hand guard removed, there seems to be some excess gas leakage around the gas block. I have ordered an Anderson adjustable gas block, should be here in a day or so.

posted Hide Post
The Anderson gas block has arrived! The quality of this GB is far superior to the generic one I had installed. Once installed, I grabbed a few factory rounds and a couple reloads. Tuning the GB was easy, used Factory rounds for that. Had to make one final adjustment for the reloads but now the bolt is locking back with all rounds fired.