THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Explosion at Serbian ammo factory.........
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like it must have been Prvi Partisan?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately yes, it was the Prvi Partizan plant. Yahoo news article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20...blast_20090904014021

Posts: 969 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was working at the NRA show when it was in southern California at the International Cartridge Collecters booth umteen years ago. The people at the Sierra booth asked us if we wanted to go throught their plant. Every one said they had nothing better to do. All you could see was a-holes and elbows when we hit the doors going out of then show running to the cars. I can tell you that their plant looked like he PP plant after the explosion. All their bullet makeing machines look like they were pre bow and arrow and they had 30gals cans of bullets in all stages of manufacturing stacked aginst the walls 12' high. There was no tie downs or racks. They were just sitting aginst the wall. This in So. Cal just east of LA. I would not want to have been in that building in even a small earthquake. They moved to Missouri soon after. Did evey wonder why they moved to Missouri? Take a wild guess at the name of the state that has the largest deposit of lead in the world.

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
I got it on good authority they were trying to do some Blue Dot load development, and double charged a case.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I heard that it was started by a varmint hunter who took a shot, missed and hit the plant with his ricochet.

Has Hotsh#t been out of the country lately???????

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seafire2:
I got it on good authority they were trying to do some Blue Dot load development, and double charged a case.... Roll Eyes

Yes, and even worse, they had received several notifications from HotCore that this practise was extremely dangerous but continued doing so,

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DUK:
quote:
Originally posted by seafire2:

Yes, and even worse, they had received several notifications from HotCore that this practise was extremely dangerous but continued doing so,

I heard the tech absently grabbed a caliper that measured sillymeters and compared his measurment to ones measured in inches.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would it be rude to inquire about surplus brass sales ?.

Eeker

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I'm sure glad to see no one is wasting any time expressing condolences to the families of those killed in the explosion. Serves them right for manufacturing good products at prices shooters could afford.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ol` Joe:
I heard the tech absently grabbed a caliper that measured sillymeters and compared his measurment to ones measured in inches.

No, if anything in Serbia besides metrical, they would have measured in werst, not in inch...

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote