THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    30-06 Pressure Data (lots), no comments in this thread please

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30-06 Pressure Data (lots), no comments in this thread please
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Gentlemen and Gentlewomen,

Many thanks to M 98 who has created following data, and to Ghubert for posting it in such a convenient format.

If you have any questions or comments please do not put them here, but in the thread following this one.

Thank you.

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
The data-sheets are pdfs and arranged by bullet type, then powder make and finally by burn rate.

Please start at least 10% below the start loads and work up in the usual manner if you repeat any of these experiments for yourself.

The usual caveats apply here gentlemen, these loads are provided for information purposes only, no guarantee is given to their safety or fitness for purpose in your rifle and no liability is accepted in connection with the use of any loads tested below.

180 grain Nosler Partition

180 grain Nosler Partition - Norma 204
180 grain Nosler Partition - Norma URP
180 grain Nosler Partition - IMR4350
180 grain Nosler Partition - H4350
180 grain Nosler Partition - Reloder 19
180 grain Nosler Partition - Reloder 17
180 grain Nosler Partition - IMR4831
180 grain Nosler Partition - H4831
180 grain Nosler Partition - Vihtavuori N560
180 grain Nosler Partition - Winchester WXR
180 grain Nosler Partition - Reloder 22
180 grain Nosler Partition - Norma MRP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

200 grain Nosler Partition

200 grain Nosler Partition - Reloder 17
200 grain Nosler Partition - IMR4831
200 grain Nosler Partition - Hogdon H4831SC
200 grain Nosler Partition - Winchester WXR
200 grain Nosler Partition - Reloder 22
200 grain Nosler Partition - Norma MRP
200 grain Nosler Partition - Vihtavuori N165

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

220 Nosler Partition

220 grain Nosler Partition - Reloder 22
220 grain Nolser Partitions - Norma MRP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

240 grain Woodleigh RNSP

240 grain Woodleigh RNSP - Reloder 22
240 grain Woodleigh - Norma MRP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

180 grain Barnes TSX

180 grain Barnes TSX - H4350
180 grain Barnes TSX - Norma MRP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

200 grain Barnes TSX

200 grain Barnes TSX - Norma MRP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Factory ammunition

Federal 180 grain Nosler Partition High Energy factory load

Miscellaneous

180 grain Barnes TTSX - Reloder 17
180 grains Nosler E-Tip - Reloder 17

M98, who kindly provided this data, is in the process of testing lighter projectiles with Reloder 17 but notes that the more he uses the .30-06 the less he sees the need for the lighter projectiles.

His favoured load for his kind of shooting, and my heavy game load, is the 200 grain projectile at around 2700 fps.

Regards,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Daniel sent me this stuff sometime ago..I tested Vitavouri 165 at his advise in several of my 30-06s over the last couple of years..

His workups were dead on in my guns, and the 06 with 200 gr. Noslers and a max load of 165 is the fastest load I have ever tested in the 06 and the number of reloads I get with one case is about 14 firings and about 3 trims before signs of case fatigue show up..If one annealed his brass properly more loading would be the case, but after 14 I'd just buy new 06 brass, its not that costly.

the downside today of Vitavouri is cost per pound it twice that of US Powder, at least in Idaho it is..Sportsman Whse has it marked up to about $35 per pound!! as opposed to $20 for IMR, H, and RL powders..Import fees??? who knows with powder shortages like they are.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RAY
R17 now surpases every thing...even MRP and that's really saying something
Daniel

Posts: 1478 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It does for a fact and after obtaining more of the VV165, I ran into pressure problems from my original batch that was quite old..

RL-17 is the powder in many calibers it seems, I have had such great luck with it in both the 06 and the 9.3x62 that I will use it exclusively.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would this be a good powder to try in 8x57mauser?

Posts: 133 | Location: Thermopolis, WY | Registered: 29 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My computer wouldn't bring up these web-sites. Is there a secret?

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swamp Shooter
just click on the load you want to look at, and it should open up

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, it won't display for me, none of them will.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
won't open for me either

One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
I get some web hosting add no info Bugger

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
might be an idea to touch base with the moderator

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Looks like the site doesn't exist any more; it is not an AR issue. After all, it is 4 years old ancient in computer data site terms.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote