New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions regarding prvi-Partizan ammo & brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was curious to see how many of you have used this ammo ; Also if you have reloaded the brass ?,

If so what brass manufacturer would be a fair comparison to the Prvi-Partizan brand .

I was considering purchasing some of it in Match grade to evaluate .

Now back to the Game Yahoo Colts !!!. Thanks ; Doc ...

archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc,
Prvi Partizan is very common in the UK. I've used it in several calibres and have to say, I find it very good. I'm at reload number 10 or 11 in one calibre with 1 casualty in 100 (22-250 full power loads). It does need the usual work done to it to shoot consistantly like most but as cheap brass goes, can't fault it. I can't think of anything similar though it's not up there with lapua.

Posts: 158 | Location: South East England | Registered: 16 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I've used it for 15 years or more Doc. I find it as good as ANY other brass on the American market, domestic or imported. Like other makes, it may vary by cartridge designation & lot.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used it in the 223 rem and don't treat it any different than other brass.It is holding up well.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used it in the 223rem and don't treat it any different than other brass.It seems to be holding up well.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used the factory rounds in my 9,3x62. They easily will shoot under MOA>. Great stuff at a fantastic price.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
Just loaded up some PRVI .243 brass. I'm a little
anal about brass prep.....found this brass very
nice to work with. My only harp was the flash hole
had fairly bad burs left on the inside of the case.
I uniform that part anyway, so it really isn't
that much of a complaint. The necks are just the
right hardness and all bullets seemed to seat with
the same amount of pressure, after neck-sizing.
Yes, I will buy more.

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
thumb thumbAmmo, bulk cases and bulk bullets. So far no problem. fishingroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
was curious to see how many of you have used this ammo ; Also if you have reloaded the brass ?

It's selling here in The Fatherland very well and being used by a number of my Buddies in .30/06 Sprg. & 300 Win. Mag. They are very well pleased concerning, 1. Value, 2. Performance (especailly the Grom bullet, a wierd weight for .308"; 170 grs. I think) and 3. Accuracy.

The brass that I've reloaded; although mostly for fire & forget Semi-Autos is just fine to work with.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe Graf's sells Privi brass with a Graf's headstamp. I have loaded the 9.3x62 brass and have found it to be fine.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK ; Thank You Guys ; Looks like I'm purchasing some today !. archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty neutral on the stuff. I bought some in 308. It is very heavy and thick for caliber...much like military brass. I had to reduce loads 1.5 to 2 grains from win brass.
Also some of it wouldn't chamber in my gun until I ran it through an fl sizer.
Once fired and I got a grip on charge wts it's ok. Certainly not match brass by any means and for the $5 I saved over win or rem brass....I wouldn't do it again.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
I believe Graf's sells Privi brass with a Graf's headstamp. I have loaded the 9.3x62 brass and have found it to be fine.

- mike

Mike, That's my understanding, too! Prvi makes Graf cases.

I've reloaded Graf cases in 7.5x55, 7.7x58 and 9.3x62 - Its all been good.

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
Now on the other hand - I did just this week have a bad experience with Prvi ammo! I bought 10 boxes of PP .308 168 HPBT Match this last summer.

This weekend I noticed the velocity had dropped off in the same rifle. As I worked thru that box the velocity came back-up to normal. Noticed it 1/2 way thru the box. At first, I thought it was the rifle - Then noticed the velocity was coming up shooting from one side of the box to the other. So jumped to the other end and veloicty when up more. So shot another from the middle and got the lower mid velocity again. Continued to finsh the box in order - velocity continued to increase to the end.

Here's the numbers from my 20" barrel in order from left to right of the box: 2421, 2444, 2439, 2463, 2512, 2504, 2512, 2517, 2532, 2525, 2528, 2532, 2540, 2539, 2546, 2551, 2558, 2556, 2561, 2564.

Something was wrong with the quality control of this box!

Now, the problem is I got 6 left that I can't trust!

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
My buddy loaded some Winchester brass and some Prvi brass and worked up loads in each...the Prvi brass primer pockets stretched so much they dropped primers, with relatively light loads. He wasn't pleased.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use PRVI brass for my 9.3X62 and have shot some of their 9.3 ammo. The ammo was OK and the brass is some of the best I have ever used. It is very durable and I had no problem finding good accuracy loads.

Posts: 317 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I use their brass in 7,5x55 and .30-06. Very good value for money. BTW, same P.O.I., whether using PRVI or Norma .30-06 cases.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:

- mike

+1 I've used this same brass in 9.3, good stuff. No complaints.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Serbs have been able to manufacture some nice K98 and MG42. I have hearded that the Privi factory looks somewhat old but then, it's always the people who produce quality and not machines or management.

The Croats, Bosniaks and Serbs who work here in different factories sometimes since decades are first class people and very good to deal with. Also, their grandfathers really kicked the Wehrmacht's ass in the partisan warfare of WW2.

As a little detail, ALL of them speak very good German. I wish that would happen with all kinds of immigrants...

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well some of it's new as part of it blew up on September 6, 2009 .

Killed Seven people I believe . archer archer archer

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc224/375:
Well some of it's new as part of it blew up on September 6, 2009 .

Killed Seven people I believe . archer archer archer

ConfusedWhat are you refereing to, Doc? Better still are you answering someone? beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Doc is right, the plant blew up recently and was destroyed. I'm not sure production has resumed yet.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe Graf's sells Privi brass with a Graf's headstamp

I bought some 7x57 graf's brass and the head was a touch larger. Didn't like to fit in the normal shell holder and had to be jambed under the extractor. The gave me a full refund.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Confused What are you referring to, Doc? Better still are you answering someone? beer Roger

Yes Roger ;DUK'S post in reference to Old .

I was under the impression all would be back to normal in a couple of months , so I'm seeing sales of

prvi partizan ammo at several sites and now assume all is well .

By the way I'm wearing my reading glasses and dam if it doesn't make a difference , being able to read the

screen . archer archer archer

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doc224/375:
Confused
By the way I'm wearing my reading glasses and dam if it doesn't make a difference , being able to read the
WinkGet longer focus computer glasses. Kid you not, it really makes a hugh difference. beerroger

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
quote:
I believe Graf's sells Privi brass with a Graf's headstamp

I bought some 7x57 graf's brass and the head was a touch larger. Didn't like to fit in the normal shell holder

Paul,

I would not be surprised if this has been the case. In all fairness, though, I think we have to add, that this phenomenon is not limited to Privi brass, but seems to be a recurring theme on European brass in general. I have experienced brass that would not fit standard shell holders even from "premium" manufacturers such as Lapua and RWS.

When I get brass that exhibits this attribute, I have resorted to using a shellholder for the 6.5x55, that normally does the trick.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote