Find
Notify
Tools

Re: It's that season again.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted
Saying a Labrador is obsessive is putting it mildly. My last dog was a Lab that seemed to be absolutely hypnotized by anything moving, particularly balls, of course this only applied when there was no food around to steal!

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"BALLS!", said the Queen, "If I had them I'd be King!"

TM, I always had my suspicions about Labs and sometimes their owners. Your comment reinforces that a bit. I note however that you said "last dog", so I feel free to pontificate a bit, nothing personal intended. I took it in the same context used to describe my Ex, the reknowned cat catcher extraordinaire! I am wiser and more discriminating now.

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.BallLickers.Anonymous

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan for catnip got to a health food store,they sell it in bulk.It's cheaper and more potent the the petstore stuff.Al will love the break dancin little canal cougars.
I presently have a Lab pup and she is scary smart sometimes.Easiest dog I've ever trained.Went through a German Shorthair faze,noticed they didn't do well in the Missouri River retrieving geese when it was 18 degrees or colder.Oh well to each his own.

Posts: 281 | Location: N.E. Montana | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Dan, Sandy, the afore mentioned Lab died some years ago, unfortunatly. She was obsessed with two things: food(and how to steal it) and playing catch. Many a guest had been warned not to throw the ball if she brought it to them. Most learned why the hard way - once you throw it she would automatically assume that you would throw it again and again and again, ad infinitum... after several HOURS of throwing the bloody ball most guests would try to avoid her for the rest of the night. SHe hated cats of course, that's the important thing!

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote