Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

perfect rabbit country
 Login/Join

posted
I live in northern MN and own 80 acres of property about 30 miles away from me. Few days ago i went out there to check up on the place. From hunting ruffed tail grouse in previous years i knew that there was alot of rabbits hanging around there. So i took of with my 20 gauge and did a little scouting. What i first found was that in the places where there was 1 to 2" thick popple trees and a few spruce the rabbits created super highways leading under every spruce tree and ate a 3 to 6" margin of the bark on most of the popple. Once i came into the diamond willows and other brush along with some more spruce trees blended in i found that they like to run from dense clumps to dense clumps and eat any vegatation poking out through the snow around the clumps(by the tracks). I hope this is useful to anyone reading and i got four out of five of them so that was cool too.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
That is great to hear! In my hunting grounds in Ohio and Kentucky there are very few rabbits. Too many coyotes! We used to have pheasant and quail also in my youth, but none now.

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote