THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Re: I'm strarting to get bored...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: I'm strarting to get bored...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
And I just thought Terry was gay....

Well, if Terry is a girl, what does that make her if she snags an occasional scrap of road kill cat?

I don't know a lot about turtles and such, just that there aren't as many as their used to be. No doubt the result of encroachment by Feloinius Dander and those who think them cute.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Hurricanes.Blow

www.SoDoes.Kerry

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Dan,,Think of shrink wrap as a 20" wide roll of ductape,,for the bigger projects .It holds together 3500# pallets of sod with the greatest of ease,,,The crat comment has got the wheels turning,,,Why did'nt I think of that?Back to the chalk board,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, Al is being a bit reclusive at the moment, and I'm thinking about joining him. Goodbye Frances, hello Ivan.

Good news: No significant damage to the house, peak winds in the 65 mph range, tide surged about 3' which is not significant. The day after, UPS showed up with a resupply of lovely cast boolits for my rook rifle, some brass too. I shall have to hurry and load up before Ivan arrives. A sincere "Thanks!" to a Master Metalsmith up in the Carolinas! Luddites Rule!

Bad News: The Storm lasted 36 hours +/-, we were without power for 78 hours. I am shocked at how fragile the power grid is here in the Windy State. On that subject, the boys from CENTER POINT ENERGY, of Galveston, Tx. get a big 'Thanks!' from the neighborhood for putting our circut back together during a long HOT day(s). Their work is not over, nor is ours, but we'll be able to step back inside to cool off once in awhile. They have a low opinion of Florida's humidity BTW. Anyway, a lot of fish and elk and stuff thawed out, so there's a big cookout going down today, bring your own beer!

Folks across the creek had the mother and father of all water oaks come down on their recently remodled home. A testimony of their desire to save it was the harmony of wind AND chainsaws after the fact, this only 6 hours into the storm. Trees have about 5-6' butts, made a BIG impression! then when the power came on there was a short somewhere in there, and well, we had a hellua bonfire at dusk yesterday. Sorry for their loss, they picked a bad week to get out of bed I guess. Total loss. The silver lining was that just a few hours prior, I'd been walking by and saw a gopher tortoise trapped by debris and fencing, so I rescued it and set it free, figuring there would be some heavy equipment there soon. Little did I know...

Well, that's about all for now here in Yankeetown, gotta go get ready for Ivan. BTW, I had a rough time figuring the lead at station 5, but station 8 was a gas! Cats don't fly as well as quail but they're bigger targets!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Hurricanes.Blow

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clay, I never considered shrink wrapping my house, but I'll bet I could get my 15 minutes with that trick! There was some idiot that went down to Miami about 20 years back that put pink plastic aprons around a bunch of islands in Biscayne Bay...just for artistic expression. Looked odd to say the least. You couldn't catch a fish there for years with a pink lure as a result, and after seeing how the Alternate Lifestyle Community responded...I turned into a walking talking homophobe. I think that sweeheart's name was Cristo, but I'm not certain. It was enough to make me move out of Coconut Grove...

As to the rest, well, let the force be with you Clay. Good luck at the chalkboard.

I have been advised BTW, that with a full value crosswind of 140 mph, right to left, a BC of about .540, range of 124 yards and 3200 fps, yadda yadda, you'll need about 38 clicks right, and 4 down to correct for drift and aerodynamic jump. This assumes a right hand 1:8 twist, 100% humidity and 78*/ISA. Crats be small targets when wet. Your mileage may vary.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Hurricanes.Blow *

* Was Monica a HERricane or a tornado?

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Did it blow over? Was it good for you? Bad? How's Big Al?

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Hello DD. Glad you and yours survived. Get ready for more excitin' times? ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote