Login/Join

One of Us
posted

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but more disturbing was this quote:

quote:
The demographics have changed also. By the end of 2000, a total of 34 percent of American households had at least one cat -- a sharp rise of 8 percent in only two years. The American Pet Products Manufacturers Association also said in their 2001-2002 National Pet Owner Survey that 39 percent of all U.S. households owned at least one dog in 2000, about the same percentage as in 1998.

Is this accurate? Maybe Birmans XO is making more headway than we knew or feared!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well hell, piss on PETA is all I got to say. Oh yeah, please pass the Poulan....]

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Yankeetown.MedicalCollege

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else notice that in Iowa, medical experimenters can demand animals to conduct experiments and kill?

Man, I LOVE this stae.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Hey 120mm. Did you see that the Iowa fish&game is starting to include Iowa pumas/mtn. lions on the furbearer list so they can set a no hunting season?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those little cocksuckers put 6 breeding pairs in my backyard, lied about it, and then admitted it, saying that they weren't a threat to humans, just 30-80 pound "game". Evidently my two little girls, who up to then loved to play in our woods, are just "game".

Next life, I'm going to take up hunting Iowa DNR people. The REAL pest species in this state.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
What is up with some of these people? I guess Iowans will need some of that Wyoming S-S-S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey 120mm, it saddens me to realize that the vaunted CB short may not have the steam for disposing of those things. As an alternative I'd recommend a recently developed urban combat tool in the form of a very long barreled and ported 12 ga. which is surprisingly quiet though still potent. Don't remember the name of the company making the barrels but a google will find it I'm quite sure. Federal makes ammo for them BTW. Just the thing for ridding the neighborhood of the nefarious "30-80#" eating predators. Might even work on the famed red breasted chest thumping yellow backed gubmint whiner too.

Get a bigger shovel first.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.SonsOfTheRevolution.Unite

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I don't agree with lying to get the cats to practice his skills on, but better on cats than humans. Apparently he didn't know of the SSS rule. I think a live trap to catch the free roaming surgical practice cats would have been more in order.

Here kitty kitty kitty......

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Cat owners are good folks. They buy then feed and pay the vet bills on cats. They go out of their way to raise targets for the rest of us.
Sort of like raising quail for release. Be nice to cat lovers, they don't know they are paying for your fun.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Elk Hunter:
They go out of their way to raise targets for the rest of us.
Sort of like raising quail for release. Be nice to cat lovers, they don't know they are paying for your fun.

That was the best thing I've heard all day.

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted Hide Post
12 guage you ask? Very long barrel you ask? Ported you ask?

http://www.metrogun.com/

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote