New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: It's that season again.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bob, actually I took the liberty of planting some along the shoreline a few weeks back. Appreciate the thought though! I'll let you know how that works. Guess it either will or it won't. Lot of variables there. One is the issue of how long I can sit on deck wainting for Li'l Bob while there is a loaded rifle 10' away.

Dan's Evil Twin

SGT. At Arms, TYGC

www.AllsFairIn.LoveNWar

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's open season on grouper for the commercial boys. I peeled 100# yesterday, carcasses in the river. Won't be long before the crabs show up, then the otters. Probably Al and Li'l Bob too. My neighbor has a yappy dog and TWO cats that sleep together! Well, he's English and probably thinks that's okay. He has a catamaran as well, so I know he's daft. Last fall the cats and dogs didn't even notice Li'l Bob on the bank as they cavorted by the boat. Yap Yap Yap, meow, meow, meow. Time to nudge nature a little and see who wins the lottery.

Dan

Pres., TYGC
www.ChummingFor.Fun

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife, who is an extremely sensible woman, (except for the part where she chose me, that is) refers to yappy little dogs as "slippers". You just kick them hard enough in the ass, and you have a slipper!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
120, Your wife is obviously most sensible since she has a Cub. I told the old goat and I was right as usual, he near shit a brick. He is now positive that life stinks! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
120, Tell your wife that's a good one! You lucky guy, you.

Rick

Posts: 159 | Location: Watkins Glen, NY, USA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SITREP: 3 otters this AM, plundering and pillaging, looting and burning... Li'l Bob here this PM, floating around, sizing up the "slippers". God, I am my own evil twin! Wish us luck!

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.Smorgasboard.Deluxe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan , does your local pet store have catnip ? Maybe a bit of it sprinkled strategicaly along the shoreline will give Mother Nature ( and Lil Bob) a bit of help.........also a bit of dead stinky fish might attract the slipper dog to the area.

www.LilBobsnacks.com

Posts: 48 | Location: Northern NY | Registered: 03 November 2003Reply With Quote
<Snap>
posted
Quote:

My neighbor has a yappy dog and TWO cats that sleep together!

Damn good reputation that gives to dogs.

Fun thing is that such yappy dogs think they are smart and brave when meeting a real dog, barking and swearing and you just give them a look and lifts your lip a tiny little and they start behaving like a poodle shitting peach-stones.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Snap, as visuals go, I'd give that one a 9.3! Not bad for a GSP.

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.BigDogSmall.Snack

<Snap>
posted
Dan,
We are known for our ways of expressing ourselves! I am sorry that you do not understand the tales told by GSPs when they relax after feeding time, I think you should enjoy them! And they don't repeat themselves either, not like the silly retrievers telling the same story all the time (mostly something like "and there was five ducks, no one visible, and I collected them all in the same order they where shot...")

one of us
posted Hide Post
Snap ol' buddy, I never listen to ducks, duck hunters, or duck retrievers. They are always up before me, and napping by the time I do rouse myself. They miss the important part of the day for the most part, thus have little to relate to friends and acquaintances. I suppose that is the reason retrievers are repetitive by nature by nature by nature. A similar affliction is noticeable amongst deer hunters. They are always easily hypnotized by small and distant movement, frequently complain about a cold ass and fogged scope lenses. I find the variations of self abuse amongst our kind an endless source of amusement.

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.TheStateOf.Mankind