New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aftershocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, the storm cleanup is almost over, and I have a new perspective from the hide. Many tree limbs gone now, perhaps the rf's are goin to rest since I can see about as far as Bob can shoot in three directions. Hope the neighbors don't mind the racket. Li'l Bob is back, Al is still AWOL. Bob has developed a taste for tree rats as I've been thinning them back is self defense. 2 outa 5 fall in the drink so it's good clean fun! Wonder if some day Bessie the Big Mouth Bass will lick one down? She certainly has enough bucket, probably weighs about 8-10 pounds. The CATapult for the Squills didn't work, must not have been using a big enough cup size on the bra. Thought a twofer would have been neat...

One of the neighborhood cats has been traumatized by all the windy weather, and strolls around at sunrise yowling like a Siamese, even though it's not. It will be a worthy hunt as there are but a very few spots on it's circut where I can do it without drawing attention to my quest. Perhaps it is best that I use the rook rifle, subsonic. will have to do some range testing and ballistic calculations for this fat bastard, looks to be a 80-90 yard shot. With express sights!

I drool at my bench...

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Quigley.InYankeetown

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe a lot of what Paco says Ned, especially that part. It's all about expansion ratios and the pressure at the muzzle. Avoiding supersonic gas jets cuts muzzle blast a whole bunch.

On a different subject, my friend in Vero with the ranch was feeding his deer herd this AM and when they went to leave one of the fawns went under when it crossed the canal. He could see it trying to get above water but when it became obvious that it wasn't going to make it he went to the rescue. Pulled the little rascal's head above the water and had a bit of pause when he found an 8' gator clamped onto its neck. Well "Shit!" says he and the gator too! Lizard beat feet(or is it tail? ) and he pulled bambi to the shore. Unfortunately it had a broken neck and had to be put down. He didn't say he need new shorts, but I'm guessin'... Not bad for a fellow past elgibility for Social Security! Things are not looking good for the lizard at this point. He is quite fond of his deer....

On yet another front, I'll be away from the keyboard for most of the week, so you guys and gals keep up the good work, and SQUEEZE that trigger! Or wring their scrawny flea ridden necks!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.JustFull.OfNewsTonight

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
When you get caught up, it might be time for serious .25-20 development work. Naturally I've been eagerly awaiting reports of nice groups at 50, a quiet, no-nonsense, almost silent, report, and then a super story of "THE HUNT" for the Killer Crats of Yankeetown Commons, or at least the story of how a PCH made it safe for resident bluehairs to resume daily life after the hurricane ravages nearly destroyed normal pursuits. Paco believes that light charges of very fast pistol powder in long rifle barrels at subsonic velocities with soft bullets are virtually silent yet have enough throw weight to be effective.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Dan,Glad to hear that you made out fairly well.There's nothing quite like the sight of a hungry trophy bass going after a bird sitting on a cattail,or,reed.I've seen a couple attempts,,,One completion Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote