New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Room Wall Color?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Going to be repainting my small man room....

Nothing to fancy in here. A Desk, book shelf, chair, and in wall gun safe sitting on a built in cabinet for the base. Wall trim is white.

I have 3 whitetail shoulder mounts, a turkey fan mount, blue wildebeest rug, kudu pedestal mount, gemsbok pedestal mount, impala skull mount, and blue wildebeest skull mount. (African trophies are set to arrive in a couple of weeks)

Looking for a good paint color to accentuate the animals?

You guys have any good recommendations?

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Benjamin Moore's Shaker Beige.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of EddieWalker
posted Hide Post
I went with Cream of Coffee from Valspar and then rubbed a tobacco colored glaze over it. It takes a few weeks for the glaze to fade away to what it will be like forever. I like the light, neutral shade of it and how nice my mounts look on the wall

Posts: 129 | Location: Tyler, TX | Registered: 23 December 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of anything other than white. We painted our living room a delta marsh green. We get a lot of compliments on the color and it gives things a more natural feel.

Posts: 487 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used sand samples from the Kalahari for inspiration for accent walls. It's a deep, brownish brick red. The main color was designed to compliment this. PM me if you want the codes.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
The main, large wall in my Trophy Room is 3/8" T&G natural cedar slats...

And the other walls are trowel textured plaster painted light grey...

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
The late great Duncan Gilgchrest said that the only thing that doesn't look good on a white wall is a polar bear, dall sheep or mountain goat. Damn near everything else looks better on a white wall.

I would agree, and even point out that skull mounts look good on a white wall as long as they are on some kind of wood shield.

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TO EACH HIS ON,BUT I THINK THAT THE MOUNTS SHOW BETTER ON A WHITE WALL,SHOW BETTER DETAILS AND LOOK MORE MASSIVE

Posts: 282 | Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL | Registered: 08 September 2013Reply With Quote