New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 30 TL used in what?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hmmmm... I have your rifle but in 'Marlin'! 336AW ( Aw stands for Ahhh, Walmart!) Really, I hope for it to shoot well. ( Hmmm... that sentence looks a little strange BUT I am learning german....so cut me some slack. )It has never had a jacketed bullet down the bore. And it LOVES the Lyman 130 Grain.( Yes, I single load them.)That's going to be the 1st.

(I may have to come up with a game to put this new bullet thru it's paces...hmmmm.... Redneck Cowboy Sillyette! You have to shoot fast!... 3 bullets in the barrel at any given moment! Targets will be reproductions of stopsigns and beer cans. you have to hold your horses (hosses' to us southerners) reins in your teeth as you shoot! Or the horse has to hold your reins in HIS teeth as you shoot....either way....it is gonna be interesting! You start sitting in an outhouse with your pants down....when the dinner bell clangs...you finish your paperwork and bolt from the door with your loaded rifle. You have 8 seconds to shoot a stopsign 14 times. Range 900 yards.... If anyone ever hits it, they win! )

OK, enough sillyness.
A local gunshop offered me a deal on an early 1970's win 94. Looks like it was carried a little and shot none. It has the best bore I have seen in a winchester...and he wants $150 plus tax. Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
kin Ah jurn?

Posts: 409 | Location: Mentone. Alabama | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.303 Savage
7.5 MAS
7.5 Swiss
30-30
as a light "fun" load that's very cheap to shoot. I will keep them below 1100 fps.

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anything it comes close to fitting in. I have a notion I can get it to work an SKS. If I'm really lucky, I can get it to do so without throwing the brass 30 feet.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Anything it comes close to fitting in" Leftoverdj

I'll second that! And with lots of options on crimping with the TL grooves, that should be heaps. Water dropped WW's, guessing here, should be able to hit 1700-1800fps in a 30-30. Got a coupla' Marlins with microgrooves, and a couple without, to test run.
Cheers all,
R*2

Posts: 129 | Location: NorthEast | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To JPH45,

Bee mah gest! Gla' to hav' ya wif us! Der' 's allwaays rum' on the firin' line fur a tru' Sath'n Gentl'man!
Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually Junior's idea with the pure lead has merrit! I would think that would be medicine on deer if the ranges were short and you could put one of those soft slugs in the boiler room. Recoil would be low as would report. You might have to 'hunt' a little to get close enough....but that sounds like fun. If a guy had a way oversized something, he might paper patch those pure lead bullets and have quite an efficent bullet. Just my thoughts! Cheers! Dale