THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Cast Bullets    NRA Range Safety Officer training on Sacred Ground

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Range Safety Officer training on Sacred Ground
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yesterday, I completed the NRA Range Safety Officer training course. I was very lucky to be invited to attend the course at the main office of Leupold and Stevens in Beaverton, Oregon. First, I recommend the training for anyone who has their own shooting range. At my range, I invite friends and family members to shoot with me on weekends. The training is invaluable relative to making sure everyone shoots in a safe manner and to reduce liability.

I was awestruck to be able to take the training at Leupold and Steven�s office. They manufacture a premium line of rifle scopes and other optics, mostly at the Beaverton plant. Based on the Leupold and Stevens employees taking the course, they are a fine group of people dedicated to manufacturing exceptional products and to the shooting sports in general.

For everyone who can do it, take the NRA Range Safety Officer training. You won�t regret it. Turbo

Posts: 38 | Location: Tigard, Oregon | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Hi Turbo,

How long does the course take to complete? Like all brand new 2nd Lieutenants I was assigned as a range officer- but that was just about the time the U.S. Army switched from flint to percussion. Be neat to see what the NRA's got nowdays.....

Regards.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bltsandwedge, the course I took was 9 hours and pretty intensive in that a lot of information is given out. My instructor was exceptionally good at keeping the participants alert and even entertained. There is an open book test which eats up some of the breaks and part of lunch time.

I have been through several gun safety trainings. This is by far the best. I had a personal interest in learning what I could relative to my own shooting range. My range is quite informal, but still I have 2 to 4 other shooters there almost every weekend.

The course is also offered as a home study course. (Go to the NRA website to check it out)Participants in the home study course receive the same course materials. It probably wouldn't be as beneficial as the instructor lead training.

I recommend the Range Safety Officer course highly. Turbo

Posts: 38 | Location: Tigard, Oregon | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With Quote