Find
Notify
Tools

6mm cast bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted
Finally got to and cast some 85gn Loverin style bullets for the 243. Wilst I would prefer a smaller case like the 6x45mm results should be OK.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BA I have the 95 grain RCBS mold. One load, the book said I should get about 2400 fps, but a chronograph showed 2900 fps. ???? don't know which was true. I did try it on a spike buck (whitetail) and I see no way we missed the deer, but it ran off, not a trace of blood found. This bullet was designed for a gas check, but I can tell no difference, with or without the check.

Posts: 3795 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bad Ass I have the 6x45 and it shoots cast great. In fact it's boring. Have taken a few groundhogs with it. Mihec molds make a really good bullet for it which I have. It's in the 70 grain bracket. You should get or build yourself a 6x45. Super cheap to load for especially with the surplus 5.56 brass.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vzerone:
Mihec molds make a really good bullet for it which I have. It's in the 70 grain bracket.

76 grains and it's a BRP mold........... Mihec doesn't have the drawing for it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 2.1:
quote:
Originally posted by vzerone:
Mihec molds make a really good bullet for it which I have. It's in the 70 grain bracket.

76 grains and it's a BRP mold........... Mihec doesn't have the drawing for it.

I have one of the BRP 246-77-GC molds and am not currently desperate for another.

I was wondering if there was a protocol for re-running some of those older group-buy designs that you drew up since you moved over here.

-ktw

Posts: 11 | Location: MI (UP) | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote