New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's whats for breakfast
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Morning. My father passed away when I was 11 and my mother raised 5 kids on 300 dollars a month. Typical breakfast back then was fresh biscuits, homemade gravy, homemade wild hog sausage, fresh tomatoes from the garden, and fresh milk from the cow(don't have a cow so I drink coffee). Sooo good it will make a yard dog break his chain!

Posts: 157 | Location: Pearsall, Tex. | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the exception of the tomatoes I would have to say it looks like a breakfast fit for a king.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The tomatoes are the best

Posts: 157 | Location: Pearsall, Tex. | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nick Adams
posted Hide Post
"Them termaters need salt & pepper on 'em."

That's what my 97 yr old grandpa would have said. Otherwise, looks delicious.

As Rachael Ray sez, "Yummo!" Big Grin

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."

Posts: 376 | Location: Midwest, USA | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Looks tasty. I am druling over the red-ripe tomatoes.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
Made my mouth water.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No telling what Texicans will eat, jamais, mon Dieu!!

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
anything that is good. dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have red ripe tomatoes coming out of the garden right now. Have 'em for breakfast, BLT for lunch, and sliced tomatoes for dinner. Hard for this country boy to beat that.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
That looks great!!!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, don't say too much about what Texicans eat. I've lived on both sides of the Sabine and the grub is good. Who the heck was it that first looked at a crawfish and said hey, let's catch a bunch of those, boil 'em, and eat 'em. GW

The possibilities for disaster boggle the mind.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well GW crawfish are eaten in France, so when the french found the crawfish in La. they just figured they'd died and went to heaven.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duckman:
anything that is good. dancing

Actually it would be great except for that undercooked flour gravy. If you'd brown it carefully, to dark brown, you'd have a roux. Roux is the foundation to all gumbos and stews, and much of creole and cajun dishes.

Cheers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got that right, if you can't make a roux, you got nothin'. Went to a senior party in high school, supposed to dine on turtle sauce piquant. They scorched the roux and that's all you could taste. 50+ years later, I still don't know if turtle is good to eat. GW

The possibilities for disaster boggle the mind.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
It's always a mistake to open these threads -- they never fail to make me hungry......

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biscuits n gravy, wild hog sausage and maters sounds good to me! When I vacationed with my Grandpa when I was a kid, it was smoked brisket and eggs and tomatoes for breakfast.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
It ain't fair. It just ain't fair ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16371 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote