Find
Notify
Tools

Protien Thief
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
I am going to have to sort this bad boy out this week.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
he's learned the trick.... the little ones on the ground will figure it out too....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
what a brute!

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
what a brute!

That feeder's a brute too! shocker

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That feeder is a 2000 lbs. Protein feeder. It needs refilling every three weeks.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Anyway you can build a feeder pen around it.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck, good hunting!

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A feeder pen is a dern good idea! My protein bill dropped way back when I quit feeding the piggies and I'm getting a lot more deer pictures now that the pigs aren't scaring them off!

Now if I could just get the Auodads to quit destroying the feeders........

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
Rusty: A well placed shoulder shot on that beast would be awesome! Make sure you post the pic when you crumple him under the feeder.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Tomek:
what a brute!

That feeder's a brute too! shocker

tu2

Simply, Elegant but always approachable

Posts: 354 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:

Just have the missus shoot more of them! That'll teach 'em. Big Grin

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with the fence. Coons still bother me a bit but not like the hogs used to.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just dropped 165gr H4350 and topped it with an 825gr HP. That should do the trick! Just pray there are no cattle on the other side!

Although I think it would be funnier to set an 8lb jar of Tannerite on the ground and wait for biggin to show up!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DesertRam:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:

Just have the missus shoot more of them! That'll teach 'em. Big Grin

Her and the kids are working them over pretty well.

But there are just too many of 'em and man they are destructive critters!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Although I think it would be funnier to set an 8lb jar of Tannerite on the ground and wait for biggin to show up!

That would be a blast! Cool