New
Find
Notify
Tools

ABO (USA) scope repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Last deer season, I had my rifle fall out of a canoe, and was in the water for about an hour. When I found it, my Redfield Widefield 2X7 scope was fogged. Since I bought it in 1979, I guess the seals had dried, and were no longer sealing the scope.

Since the life warranty expired with the death of the company, I searched on the internet for places to have this scope repaired. I decided to send it to ABO (USA), Inc. in Miami, Fl. I expected it to take 6 months, but it only took three months.

I received the scope in the mail yesterday, mounted it on the rifle and sighted it in. Works like new.

Just a testamonial about my experience with ABO (USA).

Posts: 69 | Location: Fouke, Ark. | Registered: 06 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you were able to repair the Redfield. Had a 4x12 Redfield that I inherited on gun trade and it was faulty and contacted Leupold, new owner of the Redfield brand these days, and told to return for "a look see" and few days later they contacted me and said they were not able to repair but would offer me a sizeable trade allowance on a Leupold of my choice. Saved about 100.00 on the deal so well satisfied. Just food for thought.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had this Redfield on a Remington 700 .30-06 since 1984. I took it to Zimbabwe in 1985, and have used it in several states to drop a lot of game. I wanted to stay with the scope on that Rifle. It brigs back a lot of memories. I'm glad it was able to be repaired.

Posts: 69 | Location: Fouke, Ark. | Registered: 06 August 2014Reply With Quote