New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conetrol Craziness
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently tried to order and maybe, I did order, a set of rings and mounts for a Mauser Model 66. After I finally got him on the phone, I had not heard anything from the old gentlemen. I had sent 3 emails and got no response. However, I think this old gentleman who owns the company, operates it by himself and unfortunately I believe he is almost deaf. I got him on the phone the other day and we were discussing my order by yelling at the old guy. I wasn't mad at him, I was just trying to holler loud enough that he would understand what I wanted and how my name, address and credit card were spelled, etc. Have any of you gentlemen had the same experience. Like I said, I'm not mad at the old fella, I just don't know if I even have an order in-house.

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reminding me. I ordered some in August, phoned first, then emailed 1 week later (to ensure George got the order right after getting hoarse repeatedly yelling corrections) and phoned again 2 weeks later.

I forgot about it til' now. He did say he only gets emails at home, not the office...........and to snail mail him.

I guess I'll do that. Again, thanks for reminding me...............

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Just in case. I think I have 2 sets of rings(two different heights) and bases for the 66.

Rich

Posts: 6388 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sort of ashamed to hear this. I have some of his bases and rings on some of my custom made rifles. They are really elegant and strong. Would like to see the company carry on. He just needs a honest, dependable associate to take the reigns.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree gentlemen. The gentlemen needs some help. I've yet to know if I have an order in process. Rich, I may very well need to talk to you regarding the rings and bases. First I need to find out if I have an order pending. Kinda crazy isn't it?

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1.2phone calls to order,4 calls to check on order,finally found it but i had to wait for a bluing session(ordered in white!!).4 attempts to charge CC.now will send a MO.By contrast-called Gentry,gave a CC&had it in 3days.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like somebody needs to buy that business and get it going again.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
As one who never saw the Conetrol mounts except in ads, can someone remind me what their main advantage was? Did they have any lateral adjustments?

Posts: 4957 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
As one who never saw the Conetrol mounts except in ads, can someone remind me what their main advantage was? Did they have any lateral adjustments?

They've got unlimited windage adjustability, bulletproof, are sleeker n' shit and you can get a scope a red c hair hair close to the barrel.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Thanks FMC, now I feel sorry I never got to use them.

Posts: 4957 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
Just in case. I think I have 2 sets of rings(two different heights) and bases for the 66.

Rich

Rich, If you have a Mauser 66 set of rings and mounts, that would fit a standard 40 mm objective, or smaller contact me.
Curt Boggs, cell 636-484-4343, Missouri

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I'll dug'em up.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
check your PM I'll call you sunday

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scope mounts FINALLY arrived today!Only took 2 1/2 mos of phone calls.Now to get one of my 2 payments refunded.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking at a set of 1" Conetrol rings/bases that I took off my A-Bolt Medallion. If anyone is interested PM or e-mail mrmichals@comcast.net.

NRA Patron Member

Posts: 404 | Location: Troy Michigan | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what I don't understand is this whole back and forth thing that has been going on for years, it seems, about some of contetrol's competitors having mounts that do not place any torque on the scope, but theirs doesn't. I'n no physicist but I would think anytime something touches something else there is some kind of force being exerted. Is it true that control doesn't put any torque on a scope?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great product...the owner was old, deaf, but nice when I ordered my last set of rings...20 years ago!

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote