New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those of you who live in ignorance
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thought I would pass this tidbit on from The 24 Hour Campfire.

Originally Posted By: rcamuglia
Anyone who thinks they can buy a scope for 350$ with incredible glass, accurate click values (at that price they won't even have turrets), accurate tracking and return to zero, is naive...

Or just plain stupid.

IMHO, you'll need to spend 1K on a scope that fits those requirements.

Real scopes cost 1500$ to 3000$

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A fool and his money Smiler

Posts: 531 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
IIRC, this guy used to be poster here. and there are a lot of Leupold scope owners who would disagree( me included)

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13144 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would have to disagree, but hay it is his money. Must have a lot of it too.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
could it be that such pronouncements are a reason why he no longer posts here...?

Us "po folks" get along with Leupold somehow.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apparently I'm naive or stupid or something. I've been hunting with scopes that cost less than $350 for the last 40+ years and didn't notice how crummy they were.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first rifle proudly wore a Weaver K-4 (El Paso Tx made) I think it was $28---might have been $32. NOT $1500-$3000. Still have the rifle, but did upgrade to a Leupold variable.

Posts: 3804 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned, all modern scopes are dodgy, bar possibly some tactical models without erector tubes. Bring back the B&L Custom line.

Posts: 4958 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Everyone has their own price point they can live with as long as their expectations match it.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
WHAT??? You mean my Tasco "World Class" rifle scope isn't really World Class??? bummer..
rotflmo

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1961 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, it isn't. But the one I bought for $100 back in 1987 served me well and is still in service.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
could it be that such pronouncements are a reason why he no longer posts here...?

Nope!!!

The sole reason he got the boot was his infection of being a jackass....some here have survived this longer....

hmmmmmm I wonder who

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
RC, is talking about long range scopes. When one takes into account what a true long range scope is asked to do day in and day out he is on the money.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/...rifle-scope-line-up/

Even the Bushnell long range scopes is 1,150 dollars.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwp475:
RC, is talking about long range scopes. When one takes into account what a true long range scope is asked to do day in and day out he is on the money.

RC butted in on a thread about a scope on a muzzle loader.Not a long range discussion at all.I find him to be very rude and self centered.He made an ass out of himself.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
quote:
Originally posted by jwp475:

RC butted in on a thread about a scope on a muzzle loader.Not a long range discussion at all.I find him to be very rude and self centered.He made an ass out of himself.

I assumed it was on a long range scope, I assumed incorrectly and stand corrected I agree with the rest of your post about RC.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
He's on 24 these days....still a rude narcissistic jackass

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
imho, he was born a horse's ass, and has degenerated from there.

But, that's just me...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
My Burris Signature 6-24 is one hell of a piece of glass.... granted, I bought it some 15 years ago, but it only cost me about $650. That was the most I ever spent on a scope. It cost almost twice what the Savage F110 Tactical rifle that I put it on. 400 yds on groundhogs is easily a done deal!

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what to make of any of these replies. All of us who opened this post did so because we figured we live in ignorance. Well ignorance is bliss I guess... Wink

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AFRICAN LEADWOOD:
I'm not sure what to make of any of these replies. All of us who opened this post did so because we figured we live in ignorance. Well ignorance is bliss I guess... Wink

Unless you are rcamuglia.Then its a way of life! Wink