New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minox HG-APO
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone tried these yet? Any opinions on them? Any views on what they have that the HGs don't as the marketing speak doesn't make that clear to me?

I have a pair of HGs, bought from Doug at Cameraland, but there seems to be a big jump in price from the HGs to the APOs. If my HGs are anything to go by then the APOs really must be something remarkable if they offer the same value for money.

Does anyone know (perhaps a question for Doug) if the HGs are going to continue or are the APOs going to replace them?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Minox is moving production of the current HG series from Japan to Germany. We have purchased all remaining inventory of the current HG series from Minox in order to offer them at a reduced price, while the supply lasts. The coming version, which will begin being made in Germany, will run an excess of $1000.00.
The APO series is being re-designed and will also be made in Germany and run around $1500.00 or so.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3646 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Interesting info..
Thanx,

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Doug, that certainly explains what is going on. I guess now is a good time for folks to buy a pair of HGs before they end up costing Swaro money.

I've got to say that at the sort of money you are selling them for (about the equivalent of £310 here) they are fantastic glass. Even for £1000 I still think they are pretty good glass and I suspect they might just have an edge over the equivalent Swaros in low light.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMo, they are a best buy optic. Quality glass and build and in that price catagory there is nothing that competes

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3646 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote