THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zimbabwe Named As The Most Miserable Country In The World

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe Named As The Most Miserable Country In The World
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted
I heard this on the radio this morning, so I thought that I would check it out. Here it is:

https://www.outlookindia.com/i...conomic%20conditions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Based on some guy’s rankings of economic indicators.

Zimbabwe is a marvelous place and the people there seem pretty happy for the most part…

It’s just the economy is a basket case (like number 2 on their list) due to government leaders not being willing to admit to economic facts.

Sounds like a worldwide problem, not just the worst examples.

Posts: 10544 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, the rankings may mean something, or maybe, not much. I guess some basis has to be used to compile the list of where each country sits. From my two visits to Zimbabwe I couldn't discern much "misery" as such. Or, at least, what I would regard as misery. Yes, common folks there live a tough life compared to our softer Western lifestyles but I never encountered anyone complaining about how terrible their existence is. They just know what they have to do to maintain their lives and get on with it. Periodic consumer goods shortages are normal and taken in stride. Complaining to government wouldn't make a scrap of difference anyway so, I guess, no one complains. Rampant inflation has been, and is, a feature of the Zim economy that doesn't seem to hinder people getting by. Despite the "terrible" state of the Zim economy and the tough lifestyle I've never seen evidence of widespread hunger or malnutrition related issues. One time I was talking to a Zim national about this who said that the blacks have a basic system of food sharing among themselves. It ensures that most folks get at least sufficient food when distribution would otherwise be unequal. Additionally, I've never seen much in the way of unhoused folks in Zimbabwe. And the two factors of insufficient food and lack of basic housing I think feature heavily in situations of real "misery". Zim, I think, might be way ahead of several other countries where genuine "misery" is really felt.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2008 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I suspect the people of Somalia would disagree.

Posts: 3848 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
When it comes to people, it depends.

Blacks in America think the country is a shithole!

And owes them money! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66891 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
When it comes to people, it depends.

Blacks in America think the country is a shithole!

And owes them money! rotflmo

Actually, that’d be woke liberals of all races who think USA is a shithole. At least Brittany Griner seems to have had an epiphany and changed her tune after her long vacation in Russia.

Don’t get me started on the reparations bullshit.

Posts: 3848 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
I have been multiple times in Zimbabwe since 1986. It has surly been ups and downs in there economy. But I LOVE Zimbabwe.

Good Hunting

Carl Frederik

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
There people that I have been around in Zimbabwe seem to be some of the happiest on Earth. Especially when you get out in the bush.

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Not by a long shot.

Have these people ever been to Haiti?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13367 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must not be too horrible, I know some Americans that have a home at Vic Falls and love it.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Total BS

Posts: 1856 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Zimbabwe is one of the happiest places in the world! And I love it.

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carl Frederik Nagell:
I have been multiple times in Zimbabwe since 1986. It has surly been ups and downs in there economy. But I LOVE Zimbabwe.

Good Hunting

Carl Frederik

This after three trips tu2

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
I could see myself living there, but would get kicked out for driving on the wrong side of the road.

Posts: 747 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
Hunting there? Yes
Living there?
Nuts

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by degoins:
Must not be too horrible, I know some Americans that have a home at Vic Falls and love it.

What does a house at Vic Falls cost nowadays?

Posts: 51 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 10 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwarf416:

You're giving them money, why wouldn't they be happy? Big Grin Tough to judge a country when you're part of what's keeping it afloat. No different than Cuba, the desperation is not self evident.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1584 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
quote:

You're giving them money, why wouldn't they be happy? Big Grin Tough to judge a country when you're part of what's keeping it afloat. No different than Cuba, the desperation is not self evident.

Grizz

I have paid a lot more in taxes to the US then for hunting in Zimbabwe. So, your logic applies to me here as well? I think they look happy in Zimbabwe

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
quote:

Grizz

I have paid a lot more in taxes to the US then for hunting in Zimbabwe. So, your logic applies to me here as well? I think they look happy in Zimbabwe
because they are.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Not by a long shot.

One has to take all these sort of thing with a very large, unhealthy, dose of salt!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66891 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Some of the best times of my life have been spent in one of the most miserable countries on earth.

Smiler

Mike

Posts: 21156 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Interesting. Some of the best times of my life have been spent in one of the most miserable countries on earth.

Smiler

Isn't that the truth!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2070 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+2 tu2 Of course, the vast majority of that, for me, had to do with the consumate professionals that I was hunting with and the location of the hunts (BVC, Zambezi Valley, Bishopstone, Jonsyl Farm, Gwanda, West Nicholson, etc. etc. etc) And, Vic Falls, with and/or without a professional, wasn't bad either. Keep in mind that the PH's job is to make sure that your stay is enjoyable and memorable for the most part. Big Grin Big Grin With all of that being said, LIVING THERE DAY TO DAY would definitely be a much DIFFERENT matter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to imagine the rating is accurate.

Posts: 11935 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Not by a long shot.

Or Chicago

Posts: 10131 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What does a house at Vic Falls cost nowadays?

I didn't think to ask. the lady told me they had a herd of buffalo walking down their road the day before I talked to her. She loves it there.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote