THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    How to tell if a buff is going to charge

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to tell if a buff is going to charge
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45LHAIds5n8

You may of seen this before. I just saw in on another site.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, great video.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I noticed he had a sidearm on him in the photos of him being treed.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
it is quite easy to tell if a buff is going to charge. he pulls out his Mastercard or Visa.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
What if he pulls out an AMEX card?

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimbabwe:
What if he pulls out an AMEX card?

do what everybody else does - decline it. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wondered how long before someone made the credit card crack.

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
He will look at you like he has exceeded his credit limit and you owe him money.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i never pass up an opportunity for a slam dunk...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This video is scary. The reason one pays 5 times the rate of a photo safari is for a professional PH.

Amateurs playing professional or the local village boy handed a rifle and told to be a professional hunter ends badly.

I am going to stick with hiring real professionals. The extra money is well spent.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don Heaths states earlier in the video, that the guy using 7.62 Nato is using an unsuitable and illegal calibre.

Later in the video Mr.Heath then tells us he himself use 7.62 Nato to drop that wounded buff.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
so why is it titled "How to tell..." when the video did not tell?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Mmnnhh! Ron Thomson used a 7.62 Nato SLR to cull whole herds of jumbo??? Cool

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember the Am Ex TV commercial from years ago- How do you stop a rhino from charging?...take away his American Express card.

Phil

Life Member- NRA & SCI

Posts: 228 | Location: Albany, NY | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
How you tell?
When he comes, credit card or not :-)

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
When he blasts out of the long grass from 30 feet obviously very pissed. shocker

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes they don't know themselves.

Tracking a lone bull in the Selous, several klicks in, we found blood and determined that the bull had been wounded. Long story short; early season; high grass; we circled high grass and worked wind. Ultimately came up with bull, who proved to be far too young.

PH and I went into the grass behind trackers side by side. The bull grunted and stood up. The trackers split me exiting the grass (thank you, I'm now the focus). He was too young. I drew a mental line at about 12 yards and he broke off at 15-18. We were all good.

Posts: 10008 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Sometimes they don't know themselves.

Tracking a lone bull in the Selous, several klicks in, we found blood and determined that the bull had been wounded. Long story short; early season; high grass; we circled high grass and worked wind. Ultimately came up with bull, who proved to be far too young.

PH and I went into the grass behind trackers side by side. The bull grunted and stood up. The trackers split me exiting the grass (thank you, I'm now the focus). He was too young. I drew a mental line at about 12 yards and he broke off at 15-18. We were all good.
Your cologne perhaps?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't come across a dumber video. coffee

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
“How to tell if a buffalo is going to charge”?? I saw nothing it that clip that gave any indication that a buffalo was going to charge that would indicate the title of this thread!

The study of body language of a cape buffalo for signs that he is ready to charge are best found in Mark Sullivan’s “DEATH” films. Because there are so many charges in those films they give the viewer a large amount of study material for learning what to look far. In that respect those films are valuable beyond simple entertainment.

A buffalo will rarely just charge you but will choose to run if not wounded unless you surprise him at close quarters.

In my experience when you move close to a WOUNDED buffalo, the tip offs are he will usually face you and shake his head side to side a couple of times and snorting! That is a warning that you shouldn’t go closer, and to simply shoot him where he stands, which is the prudent thing to do IMO. If he then tips his nose up, level with his eyes and looks at you and grunts he’s about to come! He may do this a couple of times, but if you take one step closer he is very likely to charge you, and if he does your next shot better be dead on target hitting the CNS because he will, in my experience, not stop till he hits you or is put down! Of course nothing is written in stone, he alone will decide. A Cape buffalo will not charge without provocation, but remember the buffalo is the one who decides what constitutes provocation!
..........................Opinions vary, however!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
“How to tell if a buffalo is going to charge”?? I saw nothing it that clip that gave any indication that a buffalo was going to charge that would indicate the title of this thread!

The study of body language of a cape buffalo for signs that he is ready to charge are best found in Mark Sullivan’s “DEATH” films. Because there are so many charges in those films they give the viewer a large amount of study material for learning what to look far. In that respect those films are valuable beyond simple entertainment.

A buffalo will rarely just charge you but will choose to run if not wounded unless you surprise him at close quarters.

In my experience when you move close to a WOUNDED buffalo, the tip offs are he will usually face you and shake his head side to side a couple of times and snorting! That is a warning that you shouldn’t go closer, and to simply shoot him where he stands, which is the prudent thing to do IMO. If he then tips his nose up, level with his eyes and looks at you and grunts he’s about to come! He may do this a couple of times, but if you take one step closer he is very likely to charge you, and if he does your next shot better be dead on target hitting the CNS because he will, in my experience, not stop till he hits you or is put down! Of course nothing is written in stone, he alone will decide. A Cape buffalo will not charge without provocation, but remember the buffalo is the one who decides what constitutes provocation!

Really Mac? A bit too much Sullivan Big Grin

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

Really Mac? A bit too much Sullivan Big Grin

I don't see anywhere in my post where I recommended kicking dirt in his face to make him decide!

................................................................ jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote