Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted
Below is a link to the story.

A Problem Lion

I hope it works and you enjoy it.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13388 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I got it up! Looking forward to the read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Simply AWESOME saga about the King of Beasts. The only time I encountered a potentially dangerous Lion was in 2019 while tracking 3 large bull Elands. The tracks were smoking fresh and we were moments from getting a shot at one of the bulls. As we made our final stalk, my PH Jan du Plessis pointed down at a set of HUGE male Lion tracks right on top of the Elands tracks. We were within 100 yards of a very dangerous confrontation and were forced to quietly back out of the area. The hair on the back of my neck stood up for several minutes thinking what might have happened had we not spotted the tracks when we did.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Thanks for sharing!

One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
what a great adventure. Thank you for sharing it. Very well written

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 235 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good read, great job! Thank you

Posts: 129 | Location: west MN | Registered: 22 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was an excellent piece of writing. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to put it together and getting it up here.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well written. A very interesting story.

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Thanks!

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done. I found myself reading faster and faster toward the end.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
A great story well told.

Thanks for posting it here.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 817 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great read!

Posts: 1790 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed your story. Not your average lion hunt. tu2

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Great prose and story Mike. Thor Kirchner and I hunted a maneater under very similar circumstances but mainly at night when they were moving from village to village.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, gents. Glad you enjoyed it.

I have never hunted any other animal with such all-consuming intensity.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Great story.

Anyone interested in good lion stories should read Snake Man, Iodine Ionides activities.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a hunt! A great story, well told. Thankyou,Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3337 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a passionate lion hunter...I read the entire story, well done man! Very interesting!

I'll be hunting lion again next month in Namibia, so this was of particular interest...thank you!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:I'll be hunting lion again next month in Namibia, so this was of particular interest...thank you!

It is very interesting and wishing you good luck on your hunt!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, gentlemen.

Aaron - Best of luck on your hunt!

Mike