Find
Notify
Tools

Headed out
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
Currently sitting in Qatar Airways lounge at ATL. Leaving in 2 hours for Bots via Doha And Joberg. We have a week in the Okavango and Chobe, then 10days chasing elephants in the Caprivi. It will be nice to get back to Africa!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have fun!

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Who with for Elephant?
Trophy, non-trophy, own use?
If trophy, can you import them?
Best of Luck!!

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Own use bull with Karl Stumpfe, Ndumo Safaris. This will be my third bull with him. There are also some left over own use buffalo if I want one.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Have a great time Jerry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Have a great hunt.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun... always wanted to see the Okavango and would love to hunt with Karl one day!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Have a fantastic trip, Jerry! Safe travels and good luck.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safe travels and happy hunting!

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip Jerry. I leave this morning for 5 days of deer hunting in Michigan.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Sipping scotch in Doha business lounge. Just finished a nice shower and changed clothes. It’s nice to freshen up midway through a long trip. Joberg in the morning and Maun Botswana by lunch time!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Sipping scotch in Doha business lounge. Just finished a nice shower and changed clothes. It’s nice to freshen up midway through a long trip. Joberg in the morning and Maun Botswana by lunch time!

Good luck Jerry

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Have a great time.

Try not to enjoy your self toooooo much...

What rifle did you take this time?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I quit taking a rifle about 12-13 years ago. Too much hassle. I use whatever the PH has in camp. So far it has worked on 2 elephants, 2 buff, a leopard, 2 crocs, 2 hippos, and a truckload of plains game. For this hunt I will use Karl’s .416. It has killed 2 elephants for me in the past. As I have gotten older, I try to simplify my travels......

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Good hunting!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

Bring a battery powered fan. Could be a tag toasty on this one.

Best of luck!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Good hunting Jerry. Just got into Jhb this morning from Europe. Magnificent summer thunder storm and heavy rains this evening!
Safe travels.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
We just arrived in Joberg. Light rain but serious rain clouds in the area. I have a feeling we will need our rain jackets in the Delta.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Damn Jerry
I’m jealous and I just got back
Have a blast

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The rains have started in Bots and Namibia. Things have greener up almost overnight. Hunt starts tomorrow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The rains have started in Bots and Namibia. Things have greener up almost overnight. Hunt starts tomorrow.

Good rains?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The eastern side of Namibia did received a few beneficial rains so far this year. However, little has fallen from the eastern Etosha fence line towards the ocean (Kunene/Northwestern Namibia).

One week of rainfall does very little. We need repeated and consistent rainfall of 20 mm to 60 mm over several weeks/months before we can expect second and third growth grasses. These are the most beneficial grasses to the grazers.

Fortunately and surprisingly, many of the leaf eaters are doing OK. We still see starvation on a massive scale, but the ones who are surviving are shittough and as long as we do not lose that genetic pool, Namibia will come out the better for all the suffering.

Interesting times...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Bagged the ele yesterday ( day 4) plus a zebra and bush duiker that are left over quota. Still have 2 kudu bulls I can shoot if I want, but at this point, it’s kick back and relax mode. Life just doesn’t get any better!

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's Great news Congrats on the ele, enjoy it all. Would love to see a photo

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bagged the ele yesterday ( day 4) plus a zebra and bush duiker that are left over quota. Still have 2 kudu bulls I can shoot if a want, but at this point, it’s kick back and relax mode. Life just doesn’t get any better!

Congrats Jerry!

Are you seeing a lot of elephant?

Any more rain?

Thanks

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
A lot of cows and calves, much fewer bulls. The rains are heavy but widely scattered. You may see 25-30mm in an area and none a mile away. Every day, though, everything is greener and activity increases.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A lot of cows and calves, much fewer bulls. The rains are heavy but widely scattered. You may see 25-30mm in an area and none a mile away. Every day, though, everything is greener and activity increases.

Yeah, bulls are in Botswana I bet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great Jerry.

Enjoy the rest just as much,

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:

It was the same situation in Chobe NP and the Okavango Delta last week. Lots of cows, calves, and young bulls but no big bulls. It’s as if there is a bull convention somewhere and the big guys are all hanging out there for a while beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:

It was the same situation in Chobe NP and the Okavango Delta last week. Lots of cows, calves, and young bulls but no big bulls. It’s as if there is a bull convention somewhere and the big guys are all hanging out there for a while beer

Hey since you have time on your hands ask Karl and/or others what they think about the game situation/ movement in Angola?