THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    CrazyHorse Consulting: Randall Weems RIP

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CrazyHorse Consulting: Randall Weems RIP
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Details posted on the hog hunting section.

Jan 10th, 2019 around 4pm.
Randall parked his p/up and was closing a gate
when it started rolling back. He was trying to
get in to stop it when he fell and was run
over. He died later at a local hosp.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
How terrible. Condolences to the Family.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's incredibly sad, life is way too random sometimes. Condolences to his family.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
What a tragic way to die. Condolences to his family. RIP.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sad. I have read all of the comments in the Hogs section as well as the news article. Still a young man at 68. RIP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. Condolences to all his family and friends.

Posts: 10008 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad.
You just never know when you are living your last day here on earth.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read this. RIP

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
How dreadful and extremely sad to hear that.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Incredibly sad!

Our prayers to all his family.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very saddening to hear, what a terrible way to go.

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He was such an interesting man. Another hunter home from the hills …

I am so sorry to hear that.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable way to go. RIP

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers...

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
RIP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My condolences to his family and friends.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom Julian of Julian and Sons died on his way to the SCI Convention. Details are sketchy at this point, and I do not want to repeat an unconfirmed rumor that I heard at the show, but it appears to be some sort of vehicle-related accident. His memorial service was this morning in Arkansas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terrible news to hear. RIP and condolences to the family

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
When I read that he was run over by his own truck In the back of my mind I felt fairly certain it must have involved a gate.

Many years ago I hayed for my neighbor. One night I was the last out of a field driving the farm truck, a 20ft flatbed. From past experience I knew never to trust the mechanical brake on any truck like this. But that didn't stop me that night from stupidly leaving the truck running in neutral and brake on to open the gate. The ground was almost level after all.

As I was pulling the gate open I heard a swishing noise behind me, fortunately I had the gate almost open as the truck came up to me so I jumped out of the way pulling the gate with me. The truck went through the opening and about stopped about 30 feet away. If I had been a second slower I would have been pinned or run over by the fully loaded hay truck. Since I was the last to leave it would have been many hours before anyone came to look for me if it didn't kill me outright.

It only takes a second and a seemingly small mistake to end your life. I feel very sorry for Randall and his family. Farming and ranching can be at times a dangerous business. May he rest in peace.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
When I read that he was run over by his own truck In the back of my mind I felt fairly certain it must have involved a gate.

Many years ago I hayed for my neighbor. One night I was the last out of a field driving the farm truck, a 20ft flatbed. From past experience I knew never to trust the mechanical brake on any truck like this. But that didn't stop me that night from stupidly leaving the truck running in neutral and brake on to open the gate. The ground was almost level after all.

As I was pulling the gate open I heard a swishing noise behind me, fortunately I had the gate almost open as the truck came up to me so I jumped out of the way pulling the gate with me. The truck went through the opening and about stopped about 30 feet away. If I had been a second slower I would have been pinned or run over by the fully loaded hay truck. Since I was the last to leave it would have been many hours before anyone came to look for me if it didn't kill me outright.

It only takes a second and a seemingly small mistake to end your life. I feel very sorry for Randall and his family. Farming and ranching can be at times a dangerous business. May he rest in peace.

The part of logic I find in the loss of Randall is we see in our minds danger as something found in the ominous or hulking. A gut shot bear, a Buffalo with a snare, an irate limousine bull, political opposites, drug violence, whatever monster one thinks is under the bed.

However, Danger is often and most insidious in our daily lives. A truck and a gate you have navigated 100 times, that handgun you keep on the end table “unloaded”, traveling up the intestate for business , going on a hike and not telling anyone, or the camp fire that is out well enough.

We do not need to dwell upon such things. How could one function? Yet, we must be more diligent so we know when we are in deep water, so the mundane does not become a tragedy. One must be able to listen to the donkey when it tries to tell you death is ahead.

Finally, the willingness to accept God’s will or at least his allowance of an action. If I am to pray for his will. I often have to pray for the courage and trust to face how he decided to set the clock in motion and his refusal to intervene.

God be with you all however you may know him.

Posts: 10839 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Condolences to family and friends. RIP

Posts: 51 | Location: South East Ohio | Registered: 27 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear about this. My condolences to family and friends.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is really sad. RIP Randall, we will remember you on AR!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Randall was a friend of mine I only met /hunted with him twice. years ago I took my kids and hunted with him in west texas for javalinas. then later I was bringing my sons car to Fort Hood . I stopped and stayed with him and Lora. We hunted pigs and drank some Beer. Randall liked to pull a cork. He was fun to hang with . His own man ,quirky had his own opinions. But was a good fellow. I will miss him. Bruce

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 423 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Just saw this thread. Quite unbelievable how this all happens. As a side trip to West Texas, my wife and i hunted javalina with Wendell. Though it was a relatively inexpensive hunt Wendell treaed us like royalty. A true gentleman. Yes he was opinionated and quirky but a more genuine person you will never meet. May the Lord bring peace to his family through this time of grieving.

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1212 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a completely unexpected accident. I bet he'd done that gate hundreds of times. You never know when your time will be up. Sad for his family.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
What a completely unexpected accident. I bet he'd done that gate hundreds of times. You never know when your time will be up. Sad for his family.

Mark

Very true.

I feel we all lost a friend, despite the fact we have never met.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least three of us that had sent Lora a
card and small donation got a hand written
thank you card from her.

"Randall left her ok financially, will deposit
all donations toward the fishing pond project.
Believe the town of Olney will join in along
with TP&W to get it built"

All good to hear and see she's doing well
already.

George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
At least three of us that had sent Lora a
card and small donation got a hand written
thank you card from her.

"Randall left her ok financially, will deposit
all donations toward the fishing pond project.
Believe the town of Olney will join in along
with TP&W to get it built"

All good to hear and see she's doing well
already.

George

You are a gentleman.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
MAN! This is a sad news post! I never met Randall face to face, but had many good conversations with him on AR. He was a true Texan
and loved to hunt. Too young to pass away from any cause but with a truck and a ranch gate was not fitting and I'm sure if he had had a choice it would have been chasing a 300 scoreing whitetail.

………………….R.I.P. Randall, enjoy the happy hunting grounds! My condolences to his family, and friends. He will be missed here on AR by me and I'm sure most here! His passing leaves a hole in the fabric of hunters tent!

………………………………………………... CRYBABY old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fairgame:

I've been called lots of things over the years,
that's a new one!

I'll have to look it up!

thanks,
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight