THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Parts of Namibia Going Back Into Lockdown Mode

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Parts of Namibia Going Back Into Lockdown Mode
 Login/Join
 
one of us
posted
Walvis Bay has been on lockdown which is no surprise as it is the port city. However, the rest of the country had a brief reopening. Today, President Geingob announced the Erongo region is back on lockdown.

Just when things were looking up...

Frowner


___________________

2020 - The Year of Being Offended.
अल्ल् ळीFए मत्तेर्स
 
Posts: 20748 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I still have trophies stuck there since last May.


Frank



"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

 
Posts: 11768 | Location: Bakersfield CA. USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's curious. Air shipments are still getting through. Most everything that leaves Windhoek goes through Johannesburg to New York, Atlanta or Memphis.

I have a shipment of rugs headed to Memphis that should depart Windhoek within the next week or so. If you need any help, PM me.


___________________

2020 - The Year of Being Offended.
अल्ल् ळीFए मत्तेर्स
 
Posts: 20748 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Walvis Bay has been on lockdown which is no surprise as it is the port city. However, the rest of the country had a brief reopening. Today, President Geingob announced the Erongo region is back on lockdown.

Just when things were looking up...

Frowner


I think the USA is headed that way because of all the idiots filling the streets full of idiots, and looters. The quarter of one million deaths I believe we will see this doubled in very short order.
No one knows exactly how this things works, and so far no one has come up with a cure for it.

I would love to hunt the north part of Namibia, but at my age of 83 a bad cold could end my hunting, so I suppose it is over for me, with this bug in the air on every airplane is existence. CRYBABY

……...…......……........ oldMacD37


....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

 
Posts: 14433 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
That's curious. Air shipments are still getting through. Most everything that leaves Windhoek goes through Johannesburg to New York, Atlanta or Memphis.

I have a shipment of rugs headed to Memphis that should depart Windhoek within the next week or so. If you need any help, PM me.


Thanks, I emailed by Taxidermy company and copied my PH to ask about it.


Frank



"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

 
Posts: 11768 | Location: Bakersfield CA. USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Getting over there to hunt is going to be the problem unless you have a Gulfstream.


Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/
 
Posts: 984 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Getting over there to hunt is going to be the problem unless you have a Gulfstream.

Even with a Gulfstream, unless you're allowed to disembark, pass through customs and officially enter the country, you're still screwed. Big Grin
 
Posts: 14926 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another announcement for Namibia is supposedly schedule for Friday. Most likely more shut downs.

The tourism and hunting operators are taking this hard. Fire sales everywhere.

What a mess...


___________________

2020 - The Year of Being Offended.
अल्ल् ळीFए मत्तेर्स
 
Posts: 20748 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Another announcement for Namibia is supposedly schedule for Friday. Most likely more shut downs.

The tourism and hunting operators are taking this hard. Fire sales everywhere.

What a mess...

In your opinion, how are things looking up in Grootfontein?
 
Posts: 163 | Registered: 07 May 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grootfontein is not an issue and they are back out of the shutdown. Supposedly, the announcement today will be regarding liquor stores shutting down once again. Because after all, liquor causes CV-19. Roll Eyes

The only places where CV-19 cases were identified was Walvis Bay due to the port (not at all surprising) and Swakop from a South African family that brought it with them. There has been three or so suspected deaths, but they were not confirmed so the "official" count is still zero.

Everything that is happening in Nam has been totally reactionary and not based on clinical cases. But this is Africa, so it all makes perfect sense.


___________________

2020 - The Year of Being Offended.
अल्ल् ळीFए मत्तेर्स
 
Posts: 20748 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
**** 22 June Update ****

The President today announced that the Stage One lockdown for the Erongo region will be relaxed to Stage Three which limits crowd size to 50 or less but movement is once again allowed. The exception is Walvis Bay (port city) which will remain on lockdown as the number of cases continues to increase - now standing at 62 confirmed/suspected cases.

The restrictions will continue until 17 September. Still waiting for further clarification, but the 17 September date will be the first likely date for international travel to resume. Assuming NOTHING changes - which is a silly assumption in Africa.

So the saga continues.

Will post more as data comes in...


___________________

2020 - The Year of Being Offended.
अल्ल् ळीFए मत्तेर्स
 
Posts: 20748 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
**** 22 June Update ****

The President today announced that the Stage One lockdown for the Erongo region will be relaxed to Stage Three which limits crowd size to 50 or less but movement is once again allowed. The exception is Walvis Bay (port city) which will remain on lockdown as the number of cases continues to increase - now standing at 62 confirmed/suspected cases.

The restrictions will continue until 17 September. Still waiting for further clarification, but the 17 September date will be the first likely date for international travel to resume. Assuming NOTHING changes - which is a silly assumption in Africa.

So the saga continues.

Will post more as data comes in...


Bloody hell!

Other countries are taking it week by week, not several months??


www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
 
Posts: 51630 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't really matter. They are all clawing around in the dark and there is no intelligent coordination.

The only truth is - they have all destroyed their economies over this.


___________________

2020 - The Year of Being Offended.
अल्ल् ळीFए मत्तेर्स
 
Posts: 20748 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Update 6 July - Looks like the Erongo region and possibly more areas will go back into more restrictive lockdown as cases increase. Still no deaths.

The endless tap dance. Roll Eyes


___________________

2020 - The Year of Being Offended.
अल्ल् ळीFए मत्तेर्स
 
Posts: 20748 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Update 6 July - Looks like the Erongo region and possibly more areas will go back into more restrictive lockdown as cases increase. Still no deaths.

The endless tap dance. Roll Eyes


Do you think Namibia will allow us dirty foreigners this year?Wink

Some good deals to be had
 
Posts: 657 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not with CV-19 on the rise and it is definitely on the rise.


___________________

2020 - The Year of Being Offended.
अल्ल् ळीFए मत्तेर्स
 
Posts: 20748 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Not with CV-19 on the rise and it is definitely on the rise.


By all accounts, the virus has taken a grip in Zambia.


ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal
 
Posts: 8343 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Hell its all around us
The way it looks everyone of us will hunt as close to home as possible
But this sucks for all the outfitters around the world
Wonder how Canadians will cope with this
We can’t even drive across the border


" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...
 
Posts: 11172 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Parts of Namibia Going Back Into Lockdown Mode

Copyright December 1997-2020 Accuratereloading.com


Visit our on-line store for AR Memorabilia