New
Find
Notify
Tools

Straight-pull AR upper?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As a PA resident I'm not allowed to hunt with a semi-auto rifle. Anybody know who would build me a complete upper with a 6.8 SPC II barrel (not drilled for gas), no gas block or tube, and a bolt with a side charging handle? Another option would be just sourcing the barrel and assembling the rest myself.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
an option would be to tap the gas port in the barrel and plug it. I to am a pa resident and I am sure the bunny cops will be salivating if they see you in the field with an ar -15.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
These guys make a kit to turn it into a pump rifle: http://www.bentwoodgunsmithing.com/

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another option I thought of was a barrel drilled for a gas port, with an adjustable gas block (fully closed), and no gas tube installed. That should be easy enough to prove that it's not a semi-auto, but also easy to bring up to full function if the regs ever change.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out John Scandale at Keystone Accuracy- right in PA too. He builds primarily NRA Match rifles on AR platforms ( 223, 6mm Hagar, 240 T etc), but is very friendly and likely will do anything you ask-he makes ARs with side charging handles-

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AR OPS-4 upper has an FN-style side charger handle, can be had left, right, or ambidextrous. Don't need to do anything except no tube and close the gas port.

I have two of their uppers.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think a Pump AR15, would be an excellent choice where a semi AR15 is not legal.

Of course another option is to elect a new state Government, and change the current state laws. ...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
AR Grizzly OPS-4 uppers were killed by Remington, then reincarnated by deltech or something like that, then died again and a comparable one is made by Cross hill tech.

Posts: 6386 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
I think a Pump AR15, would be an excellent choice where a semi AR15 is not legal.

Of course another option is to elect a new state Government, and change the current state laws. ...
You got it right on both counts. That pump action would be super cool on an AR!

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What if it had walnut stockset/grips, blued/blackened metal and was chambered for the old Savage family of 50 mm cartridges?

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote