Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Broomhandle C96
 Login/Join

posted
I've got a fairly pristine early conehammer with matching numbered shoulder stock that I'd like to get a value for. It is in far better shape than any I've seen at Simpson or James Julia. Anyone know of a knowledgeable appraiser?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send email, with pictures, to Holt's Auctioneers, Wolferton, Norfolk, England. They probably sell a dozen to twenty, at auction, each year of various configurations.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can search their archive catalpgues by keywords like mauser or broomjandle To stop getting hits for Mauser rifles search the "s5" or "section 5" category. Handguns in the UK being classed under section 5 our Firearms Act.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have debated on sending mine to Turnbull Restorations;quality company that. Mechanically sound + original but some rust pitting in spots. Any opinions?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote