New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt sauer 202 value?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Near mint colt sauer in 30 06, looking to put it up for sale.
Thanks for any info.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Given the common caliber, I'd try $1250-1400 but wouldn't let a solid offer get away.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Does it look the same as mine (barrels in 7x64 and .30-06).

If so, any price under 1500 is an offer you can't refuse...

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it looks like that. it is a sporting rifle , I know they are high on GB , most of them are between 2000 to 2400.

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks a little different wood is a little different , doesnt have 202 on it, Sporting Rifle on the side.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me clarify my above valuation. First, I was valuing a COLT Sauer rifle. AFAIK Colt never put their name on a Sauer 202. The COLT Sauer's were models 90 or 92 which were last produced in about 2006. All that said, more research indicates they may have gone up a bit in value since I bought my last one. I'd say a value of $1400-$1600 would be more current as an ASKING price IF it is, in fact, a Colt Sauer.

All those $2000 prices on GB are just someone's pie in the sky hope number, unless they are for one of the rarer calibers for the cartridge size. Right now there is a damn nice .300 WM Colt Sauer at $1500 with a BIN of $1850 with a Redfield scope mounted. A .300 WM is worth somewhat more than a .30-06 so...........

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Appreciate it, it is a Colt Sauer.
Will probably list it in that range.
Tried posting pics but couldn't figure it out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Almost all of the CS's had pretty nice wood but if yours has extra nice it should add a bit of value.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Sauer 90 is a totally different rifle than the 202. The latter has a bolt that locks forward and directly into the barrel (barrels are interchangeable, BTW). The 90 doesn't offer barrel switch and has a non-rotating bolt which locks at the rear via spring loaded lugs.

André
DRSS
---------

5 shots are a group.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sauer 90 is a totally different rifle than the 202.

That's for sure, for one thing, they are better looking. Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Hey Gatogordo,

I do indeed agree with you in terms of respective esthetics and concede that the 90 is a most elegant rifle. However, after having tested both rifles years ago, I did opt for the 202 for 3 reasons :

1. the 202 is a bit more accurate (.5 MOA vs. .75-1.0 MOA, with selected handloads) ;

2. as a handloader, I despise rear locking rifles as they are hard on brass (2-3 firings/sizings before the case shows signs of incipient separation) ;

3. I appreciate the ease of swapping bbls. with the 202, an advantage the 90 doesn't possess.

André
DRSS
---------

5 shots are a group.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre:

As you know, I was just making a joke. Rifles that shoot like those that produced your targets are all beautiful, and that's no joke. Smiler

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tough to beat rifles that look really good and shoot great.

Thanks guys for your input.