One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish I knew what that sold for in US$

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A few years ago my son picked up an 1873 Peacemaker in 41 L.C. from an old buddy that was a mover + the moved guy was short of $$$ so asked if guns could make up the difference. My son gave $500.00 for it. He traded it off immediately (as is his wont) but I still have the new dies, most likely never use them. That boy runs into the most interesting deals but then trades them off.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:

Little over $2000

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I told my son at the time that he could add a 2 or 3 to the front of the price he paid + be in the market. Those old original Colt's do bring some money.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:

Looks like about $2400usd

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Several months ago a kid showed me an original
Colt Peacemaker .45 he insisted on $750 for it.
I didn't have it at the time and two buddies didn't want it. One said he's not sure of revolvers.

Seems like it was in decent shape to me.

What do you 'collectors' think?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In 1970 I was at Ft. Hood in Killeen, Tx. + went down to Buds Gun Shop on Ave. D + he had a colt Peacemaker 1873 that he said needed to be loaded with B.P. He wanted $30.00 for it but I didn't handload then so I passed. Oh, the ones that got away.

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Last summer one of the gun shops I frequent had a 2nd gen Colt SAA in the case for $2400. Just showed up. Store manager said make an offer...and I knew very little about them.

A few weeks later it had sold and I asked the manager what it sold for. He said a man offered $1000 and they took it. A kid had took out a loan for $60.00 and never came back to make a payment on the pawn.

I felt sick. I knew it was worth at least $1000. Never expected them to take $1400 off the price within 2-3 weeks of having it.

The store mgr had let the kid know he could borrow more money against the gun because of the value...and the kid said he only wanted to borrow $60 so he could pay it back quickly and get the gun back.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless you have history and documentation on that gun, it is saleable for $2200 to $2500 as an average..With good documentation the sky is the limit..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote