New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Daly 28 gauge "baby frame"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
According to Fjestad's Blue Book, these are officially called the "lightweight" frame and a few over 800 of them were made by B.C. Miroku (same mfg. as Browning Citori) in 28 gauge only.

Well, I lucked into one yesterday and bought it without even knowing what I had until I got it home. It's got a couple of patches on the barrel and the receiver where it got damp at one time, and the stock was cut to 12 inches for a lady/kid then restored fairly professionally with a wood insert and pad to 14". The cut stock and slight surface patches are what attracted me to it in that I thought I might get it pretty cheap and recut it for my grandson in a couple of years.

Now I'm in a quandry. It's condition is very good outside of the issues described (I fired four rounds through it and the inertial trigger works fine). So now I'm wondering if I should look for a new buttstock and put a little money into retouching the bluing (or sell it to someone who wants to restore it for himself) instead of making a kid gun out of it?

I found one in "99%" condition in the box here: http://www.bishopsfineguns.com/1339.htm
If that one is worth just short of $4,000, what should the one I've described be worth?

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote