Find
Notify
Tools

Plainfield M-1 'Deluxe Sporter'
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Trying to get a value on one of these. Believe it was also marketed as a 'Plainfielder'. The action is typical M-1 Carbine (ala Plainfield) but the metal has a polished blue finish and the stock is checkered with a monte-carlo style buttstock. The front sight is a ~sporter style ramp looking affair, completely different from military M-1 Carbine.

I've been able to find enough info on the 'net to know Plainfield produced these but can't find any info on what it's worth.

It's in 99%+ condition. Since bought new the family that has it stored it in a closet and never fired it.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i might be all wet, but i believe the 350 range is about right

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'm sure if there is somebody questing one of these this would be about as good of example to be found. I've got an offer on it and am second in line (at a much lower price than $350). It's not something that I can't live without but it's one of those cherry finds that we are all on the look-out for. We will see what happens.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote