THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    A bow for my son, which bow to get?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A bow for my son, which bow to get?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My son turned 13 this fall. This new year
I'm going to get him a compound bow. He's good with his recurve and has taken small game with it. Which bows you got for your young hunter and is it good. I've been looking at the bows that are like 20-70 pounds, thats the direction I'm leading towards. I dont got alot of money and I aint cheap. So I'm looking for a good bow. Thanks for looking at my post.

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would go to a pro shop and tell them your budget and have your son try bows in that price range.
Fit/feel of a compound bow is very important.
If you are willing to buy used, you can often get some real nice bows at a fraction of new price.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the Diamond Infinite Edge is the best highly- adjustable, grows with the teenager kind of bow.

Seems to be well put together and tunable to good accuracy, and should allow starting at some low, reasonable bow weight up to I think a full 70 lbs.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote