THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    How to quiet a TR Drop Zone rest?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to quiet a TR Drop Zone rest?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Arrow Slinger
posted
Hi Guys,

Have had a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest on my Bowtech Patriot for about a year now. Generally, I love it. Most importantly, I can really get consistently tuned groups with it while shooting broadheads. However, I noticed that it has become increasingly noisy -- In fact, now it is downright loud. Took it to the pro shop and we put a little padding under the menchanism where the springs slide down the tubes and added 2 mini limb savers, but this had only a little effect. Has anybody who has experience a noise problem with this rest found a way to effectively make it quiet? I would really hate to have to switch to something else, as the DZ is consistent on every shot, and very easy to tune.

Any help would be appreciated -- Thanks.

Posts: 106 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Time to give up before you make deer jump. Get a Trapdoor. Put some camo moleskin on the shelf and it is silent even after years of shooting.
It sounds like the thing wore out.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManCannon
posted Hide Post
The Muzzy Zero Effect on my Switchback makes ZERO noise. thumb

"The atomic bomb made the prospect of future war unendurable. It has led us up those last few steps to the mountain pass; and beyond there is a different country." - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Posts: 385 | Location: Midwestern Corn Desert | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Had a NAP 2000 on a Bowtech for a while and put rubber on the shelf. It seemed to work ok.

If you could find some small pieces of Neoprene w/ a adhesive backing, that would probably help.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ManCannon:
The Muzzy Zero Effect on my Switchback makes ZERO noise. thumb

EXACTLY!!! Absolutely the quietest release on the shot and the draw I have ever used. The MZE is a top shelf rest.

A few folks are intimidated by it, or laugh at it's looks. This rest seriously works and is tough.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arrow Slinger
posted Hide Post
Contacted that manufacturer -- the sent me a kit to quiet down the rest that included the installation of rubber o-rings. It worked -- now the rest is much much less noise, and I feel it is quiet enough to hunt with.

Posts: 106 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote