THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    wild turkey feathers for arrows

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wild turkey feathers for arrows
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone here use wild turkey feathers for their arrows??? If so what do you think about them?

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of turkey wing feathers but I haven't yet got/made the tools to cut and use them.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I've made a few historically design based( dogw3ood shafts, sinue & hide glue,flint arrow heads) arrows as gifts for friends.

I've also tried a few on a few Hickory shafts I have. They fly gust as good as any feather I ever bougth from gateway.

They are very time consumingto build with, The Beinnifit is yourshooting improves dramatically...as you DO NOT want to lose them.

Big Grin

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of JVD22250
posted Hide Post
They work well! Look for the feathers that have a high oil line. You'll know what I'm talking about when you look. You can use a utility knife to cut them (Skilled (I'm not) people can do it by hand!) Use a little sandpaper to smooth it.

Make sure you are using the correct wing depending on what clamp you have on your fleatching tool.

Hope this helps!!

John VanDusen
Ishpeming, MI
"YOOPERLAND U.S.A."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, where can one buy said feathers?? Very hard to hunt them enough around here to get any.