New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Shoulder Injuries
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When I did try it I only took one arrow with me and chickened out on the powder level,sort of. I reasoned that a sprinkle of powder under the nipple would eject a dry ball or a stuck ramrod so 10 grains ought to be sufficient. IT WASN'T! I shoulda gone 50! What an anemic pop. Also, I am thinking about stabilizing the front of the arrow next time as well to increase the accuracy, which was deplorable by the way. I might get to try it again this weekend, I hope. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe you should practice launching arrows out of a Hawken like I did. I had a bunch of crap arrows and a bunch of leftover sabots and got curious, again! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Quote:

How long does an A-C speration take to heal? My assumption is that there is nothing medically that can be done for it save rest.

This is incorrect. But first, you really need to make sure it is not a dislocation of the glenohumeral jt. You can have quite a few different injuries in the shoulder itself and some are commonly mistaken for others. You may be right. It may be the A-C joint but without a proper diagnosis, it is difficult to say how long something will heal.

And keep this in mind...and please do not ever forget it, just because something is 'healed,' does not mean it is 'asymptomatic.'

Consider seeing a physician, get a note, and hunt with a crossbow. A shoulder injury is nothing to mess around with. It is a magnet for arthritic change once injury occurs, not to mention scar tissue.

Do yourself a favor and contact Doug at Buckeye scents

He'll hook you up with real fresh deer pee if you want to attract a buck.