New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkey Broadhead
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the best broad head for turkey hunting?

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
any big cut on contact head like a Simmons, used with a Zwickey Scorpio on the shaft behind the head to impede penetration to about 12-16 inches. The shaft staying in the bird inhibits its ability to fly, or run very far.

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have killed a dozen or so turkeys and I have always used what ever I was using for white tails, which is Muzzy MX4 or slick trick mags.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same as above mentioned. I have used 125 grain three blade Muzzys for both deer and turkey. The birds went 20 and 40 yards respectively. I thought 40 yards was far, however turkeys prove to be a worthy target past 30 yards oblong and never staying still for long.

Posts: 621 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like everyone else it seems, I simply use the same broadheads that I use for whitetails....

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the affirmation. Spring hunts are solo for Turkey. I will plan to use the same 125gr broad head I use for deer.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote