Find
Notify
Tools

Broadheads through London?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted
I have just found out that, apparently, broadheads are illegal in London. Therefore I was told that you cannot bring broadheads with you even if you are just transferring. Anyone know about this? How should I get broadheads to TZN? Mail? Any help or info appreciated.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Sheesh - it's a worldwide conspiracy! I was just told last Friday that it is illegal to transit Amsterdam with a bow and arrows.

I'm investigating shipping them direct to my outfitter's rep in TZ. Probably a lot cheaper if it's just the BHs that have to be shipped!

Good luck!

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I wonder how long it will take to ship something to Tanzania?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it's anything like Namibia, postcards took 6 weeks to get to London.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Does Fedex or UPS go to TZN?

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Also Consider DHL (Dewey, Huey and Lewey Big Grin) They are VERY Global.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Can you tell us your source for this information?
I am ignorant on this topic, but a quick look on ebay.co.uk (UK version) shows that broadheads are sold for crossbows anyway.
Perhaps the confusion relates to putting the broadheads in your checked luggage or a locked archery case?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I was in contact with a very nice guy from http://www.gunrunner.cc/gunrunner.htm

He said they were illegal in the UK but is trying to confirm with customs and security. I am no longer going through London but he said he would let me know anyway once he gets a response. Will post when I hear something.