Find
Notify
Tools

Yet another Magnus kill
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted
I shot another doe this AM. I shot her through the liver and she trotted/spooked a few yard then started browsing off. No more shot presentations, until she was out of sight. The arrow is gone whistling off again, but I saw the impact perfectly.

I eased down out of the stand and peeked over the rise. She's bedded down in heavy brush about 80 yards from the stand. I think she's dead by now, but since I could not sneak up on her I left her lay.

I came home to get my camping gear for a party tonight up on a farm north of here. I'll stop on the way North and pick her up. I'll get a photo then. It's nice when you hunt 15 minutes from the house!

I could not find any blood, but I could only track about 15 yards from impact without spooking her.

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
She'll most likely be within a few yards of where you last saw her.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Congrats on another one Don.

quote:
a party tonight up on a farm north of here.

Sounds like fun. As a co-worker of mine always says..."feel free to do things I wouldn't do, and tell me all about it later!".

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a typical bowshot liver hit.Go off around 40-50 yds and bed down.If ya dont spook em they will die right there.

Posts: 66 | Location: manchester md | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
She was laying right where I'd left her bedded.

I'd forgotten to put the camera in my pocket, so no pic of the doe.

I finally did find the arrow, in the mid-day light when I stopped back by on my way home from the camping party. It had gone through the doe, then through an old collapsed shed wall and buried up into the old OSB floor (I did have the camera in my pocket this time):

I think I might be "over-gunned" for these does! Smiler

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don_G:
I think I might be "over-gunned" for these does! Smiler

Yep!! Smiler

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns