THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    older hoyt raider compound adjustments.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

older hoyt raider compound adjustments.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an older hoyt raider compound bow that was given to me for my daughter and I have adjusted the draw length as short as I could by moving the string to the last slot on the cam.
however I still need another inch. I noticed the cams which are wheels ,not really cams, have another hole for the axle on the oposite side. if I change holes will this give me more adjustment?
If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 31 | Location: marlow, Ok | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
never mind, found out what I needed to know.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
So what's the answer? I have looked at those older Hoyt wheel bows and wondered if changing to the other hole will change the draw length. Is this true?

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2785 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no the other set of holes is actually for flipping the wheels to the opposite limbs.
The holes are marked top and bottom on both wheels. I guess it is for swapping them when the brass bushings get worn out.no matter, my daughter could not draw it very well anyway so I sold it and am getting her a micro midas or something similar.