Notify
Tools

Bowtech Tomkat 60lbs?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mr. G
posted
Hi all!

I'm quite new when it comes to bowshooting. Just bought my self an old used bow to start practicing. The bow is a Bowtech Tomcat 60lbs 2002-2005 model I think. The sting is quite worn out, so I would need to buy a new one soon.

My question to you guys is what kind of string do I need for this bow? Where can I buy them (preferably webshop)? and do they ship to Norway? Because I'm new to this I dont know what to seach for. Let me know if you need more information about the bow to figure out the right type of string. I can post pictures of the bow if that helps.

Thank you!!

Posts: 142 | Location: Norway, Telemark | Registered: 16 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
Geir,
i really like strings from 60X, found here.

http://www.60xcustomstrings.com/

as far as the string and cable lengths, there should be a sticker on your bottom limb on the inside with the length information. otherwise you can email bowtech with your bow's serial number and they should be able to help you. there seems to be quite a few models of the tomkat, so without knowing exactly what year you have, i do not want to give you bad info.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mr. G
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply cooperjd!

I acctually got in contact with a guy not far from where I live who makes stings himself. I'll try one sting from him this first time, but I might order a few other items from 60xcustumstrings later Smiler This guy will also help me do the right adjustments needed when it comes to drawlenght according to my measures. Today this bow has a 31" drawlenght and I need it to be 29". There is a module at the cam to be changed from I2 to I4 or 4,5.

Posts: 142 | Location: Norway, Telemark | Registered: 16 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will need a bow vise to put your string on with.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote