THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    How often do you change the string on your hunting bow?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How often do you change the string on your hunting bow?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How often do you change the string on your hunting bow? What factors into your decision making?

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i normally run every 2 years. i shoot a lot, and hunt a lot, so i really never go beyond 2. if my string is fraying really bad (from my primos bow sling), i'll replace it earlier. if my string/cables stretch a lot (normally not a problem with good strings) and tuning requires too much twisting, then i'll change them.

if you need new strings, check out 60x, vaportrail, they make good threads.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every 2-3 years unless I see significant fraying. I use a shooters choice string

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I'm with others here, every 2 years. I change out the cables every 3 to 4 years. Keeping them clean and waxed will increase there longevity.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot my hunting bow lot first year replaced it with ABB premium and I'll replace it this year on a 2yr cycle.

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I replace them at least every 3 years, 2 years is much safer and when it is time to change cables I usually get new bow fever and trade them in,,,,

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like having a thoroughly shot in spare, so every year.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep them waxed and don't consider changing either the cables or strings until it appears the bow is out of time; generally caused by a string or cable stretching.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote