New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Bear recurve question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've found an older Bear Alaskan recurve for sale. It has Glass-Powered on the limb. "Average" condition; no cracks or twists, etc, but shows general wear on the bow.

I know there is collector interest in some old Bears, but I'm honestly interested in it as a general shooter. It's 47 pounds, so I figure it would make a nice rabbit shooter, etc.

Does anybody have any info or history on this model? Good, bad? What's a fair price?

I'm probably going to grab it anyway, but just wanted to see what people had to say about it.

Thanks!

One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
I think you can still call bear archery and give them the serial number and they can tell you. I had a similar experience with mine.

Hugh

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I found one (an older Bear recurve, that is also "glass powered") at an antique sale about 6 years ago. I looked it up on the net. Turned out it was manufactured in '47 or '48 and is a collectors item worth about 10x more than I paid for it (which isn't a lot!). Unfortunately, now that I know it is worth more than kindling, I don't use it is much as I should! Anyway, I looked for my old links but can't find them....do a google search...never know what you might find.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote