The Accurate Reloading Forums
Favorite Safari breakfast

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9811043/m/4311000852

12 March 2020, 03:46
Atkinson
Favorite Safari breakfast
Saw the leg bones into one inch donuts, salt and pepper and grill, spred the marrow on fresh bread of just eat the marrow..Hard to beat..

Grill game liver black over an open fire, along with the short gut cooked crisp..An old world African dish and its great..

Best of all is Ox tail soup by Pierre Van Tonders dear wife Analee, its out of this world in a soup form or stew form, makes no difference..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com
29 March 2020, 11:06
lavaca
Love Ox Tail soup, but never had it for breakfast. The marrow bones and liver sounds great.
29 March 2020, 17:52
Kensco
Food wasn't a high priority when I hunted Africa. (Not a priority when I hunt anywhere. I'm single-minded when I hunt.) For breakfast, give me a few pieces of rusk and something to wash it down, and let's load-up.
29 March 2020, 19:33
theback40
Anything but mealie meal.
30 March 2020, 07:12
JTEX
Impala liver and scrambled eggs!
31 March 2020, 07:16
Use Enough Gun
I like the traditional breakfast when it's available. However, I have often had nothing more than a scone and some 'leopard piss' (watered down Gatorade) before going out. Big Grin
31 March 2020, 09:02
30.06king
In Zim, two big helpings of Sudsa, with peanut butter and honey stirred in. Just fabulous. I could eat this every morning forever and easily skip lunch. It keeps me going all day. Oh, and coffee. Lots of piping hot coffee.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.
31 March 2020, 18:09
Kensco
Sadsa? http://www.food-of-africa.com/zimbabwean-food/sadza/
31 March 2020, 18:24
Saeed
Never liked sudsa!

For me, a hard boiled egg, or fried egg on toast.

One coffee one tea and I am set for the rest of the day!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
02 April 2020, 21:36
BNagel
Tamatiesmoor/shebo or sheba makes 'stywe pap' worthwhile. Basically an Afrikander relish with coriander, tomatoes, red onion and brown sugar. Had some at WIMPY with peri-peri chicken and had to find a recipe on-line. With fried egg and grits back in Texas, it's something to look forward to. Ooops! Forgot the African birds-eye chillis / chili arbol, curry powder and some herbs, olive oil, white wine.

Even the kids in RSA add sugar, grated cheese or whatever just like with grits. Our "sadza."

03 April 2020, 04:02
Bobster
Sadza, hell that's nothing but white grits! Eat that all the time. Here in the Southern US grits are a staple starch. My favorite way to enjoy them at breakfast is to make a stew of them. Cook the grits according to directions with salted water and butter. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and perhaps chili flakes. Add browned cured meats of preference. Then scramble eggs and add those along with fried potato cubes. Lastly toast bread cube it and add to the mix. Serve in a bowl with a spoon and plenty of good coffee.
03 April 2020, 09:41
lavaca
Mango. Breakfast must include mango. Fried eggs are great. Couple of cups of tea, that usually starts in the tent before breakfast.