The Accurate Reloading Forums
Meacham barrelled action... Help!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9421043/m/4541036412

12 October 2015, 13:13
Dick Wright
Meacham barrelled action... Help!
I have an opportunity to buy a Meacham barrelled action (.22 Hornet) and a 1" 8X Unertl for a very good price.

I have never seen a Meacham action or rifle and know nothing about them.

Are they a quality product? What are they worth... the actions, finished guns, etc?

Does anyone have any experience with a Meacham?

Any pictures?

Any info at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dick Wright
12 October 2015, 22:06
loud-n-boomer
The ones I have seen are Winchester highwall clones. A lot of serious Schutzen and BPCR silhouette shooters use them to build match rifles, and from what I have seen/heard, the quality is excellent. Dixie Gunworks sells a new Meacham Schutzen rifle for $3,100.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx
13 October 2015, 15:34
Dick Wright
I now own it. I met the owner at a gun show who had a Unertl I wanted. He's old and in poor health. He offerred me a package deal I couldn't turn down and I bought it all...

I have a brand new Meacham action barrelled in .22 Hornet. It has a spare NIB .375 barrel, DNK the twist but intended for black powder cartridge use. The action is color case hardened and the .22 barrel blued. It has never been stocked or fired. I have no idea what to do with it. I don't know what it's worth except that Meacham has a good rep for quality.

I plan to keep the Unertl.

Suggestions solicited.

Thanks,

Dick Wright
15 October 2015, 02:39
Dick Wright
It's gone. An old friend was looking for an action to make a black powder match rifle.

Dick Wright