The Accurate Reloading Forums
Kiplauf's

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9421043/m/3941076522

14 October 2016, 22:41
Big Wonderful Wyoming
Kiplauf's
Beyond Merkel, Blaser, Krieghoff and CZ what other companies are making single shot guns in Europe?
17 October 2016, 03:14
Chiefen
Haenel, Sabatti, Baikal, Fair, ViMa
17 October 2016, 03:35
DOPPELGANGSTER
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Beyond Merkel, Blaser, Krieghoff and CZ what other companies are making single shot guns in Europe?

In what price range?
17 October 2016, 05:49
Big Wonderful Wyoming
I have a K95, but I already have 3 barrels fitted to it. I am looking for other options.

The Sabatti is a pretty gun for the money, that might be a good option. A 222 would be a lot of fun for grouse, fox and marmots.

The owner of a gunshop in Spain I bought my Blaser S-2 from had a Sabatti 6.5x57 he had used on tons of Spanish ibex and chamois. He thought highly of it.

The Fair is pedestrian looking. The ViMa I had not heard of, the Baikal is the most pedestrian looking. I'll have to handle the Haenel when I step off the aircraft next month.
29 November 2016, 06:19
Canadaboy
Did you ever get to check out the Haenel? I'm considering ordering one and would like to hear your opinion.

It's not the caliber of the rifle that matters - It's the caliber of the man behind it.
04 December 2016, 03:31
ZERMEL
You could consider a Luxus Arms break open, available in most any caliber, with the most beautiful wood. You select the wood, match barrel,
decoration,finish, and engraving etc. one of the best parts is the trigger. Made in the USA.

Fred M.
zermel@shaw.ca
04 December 2016, 13:08
mchughcb
Rizzini have a nice looking break open single shot.
04 December 2016, 13:42
Big Wonderful Wyoming
quote:
Originally posted by Canadaboy:
Did you ever get to check out the Haenel? I'm considering ordering one and would like to hear your opinion.

I did not see one at my local Frankonia.

I'll get to the big city after Christmas and see if someone has one down there. We are also going to Salzberg, Austria in January. I think there is a big gunshop down there I'll take a look if they have one.
04 December 2016, 13:43
Big Wonderful Wyoming
quote:
Originally posted by ZERMEL:
You could consider a Luxus Arms break open, available in most any caliber, with the most beautiful wood. You select the wood, match barrel,
decoration,finish, and engraving etc. one of the best parts is the trigger. Made in the USA.

Not my style.
05 December 2016, 06:39
SFRanger7GP
The wife and I have the Merkel single shot rifle. Mine is a K3 in 30-06 and hers is a K1 in 7x57R. We love them. They are light and sub-MOA with about any load you throw in them.

The Haenel Jaeger 9 appears to be a economy version of the Merkel K3 which would make sense as I believe Merkel owns Haenel.

Safe travels............Larry
07 December 2016, 01:29
Voigtlaender
Heym and the supreme gunsmiths like Ziegenhahn, Prinz or Retz und Sohn. They are all very special manufacturers of the finest guns in the world. I think you should buy a custom gun instaed of a Blaser or Merkel out of the box.

Waidmannsheil

Vogtlaender
07 December 2016, 03:13
skb
Oh hell just go all the way and stop by and visit Max Ern. It does not get any better than that.

http://max-ern.com/english/galerie4-1.htm
08 December 2016, 14:13
mchughcb
Looks very nice
24 March 2017, 01:43
Big Wonderful Wyoming
I have a couple of goals one of is to see if I can find a few blockbuchsen of the Heeren type.

The second is a smaller large caliber double rifle, either a 450/400, 500/416 or 375 H&H (not flanged) for a reasonable price.

The third goal is a big mauser.

The fourth goal is to take advantage of my .19 tax break, and a sale and end up with one of the new Sauer 404 carbon fiber synchros for about $4000.

All of these goals are based on me not moving again while we are here. Moves are expensive, and any move will blow huge holes in any hunting.
24 March 2017, 03:21
bpesteve
Amen on Max Ern - plus he and his family are wonderfully gracious people. Stop by for a visit if nothing else. Exquisite rifles!
25 March 2017, 11:00
Big Wonderful Wyoming
I looked at Max Ern's website, yep they look like nice rifles.