The Accurate Reloading Forums
Renner Tang mounted Peep for Ruger No. 1 rifles

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9421043/m/3471015052

11 March 2019, 08:32
Fjold
Renner Tang mounted Peep for Ruger No. 1 rifles
Does anyone have an experience with or opinions on, the Renner peep sight that fits the tang safety on Ruger single shot rifles?

https://www.ammoland.com/2015/...ifles/#axzz5hoJYAPI9

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

11 March 2019, 11:21
Bill Brady
Hi Frank
I've never seen this one but use several different aperture sights. I think this one looks beautiful I have seven no.1 and this really looks like the answer to me. Thanks for finding it.
Take care. Bill

DRSS
12 March 2019, 06:39
Fjold
Bill, if you get one let me know what you think of it.

I have a No. 1 in 270 Win with a scope but I just bought a No.1 RSI in 7x57 and have a No. 3 in 30-40 Krag so I'm looking at sighting options for them.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

13 March 2019, 00:20
nopride2
I would be tempted to send the gun for one of his stock jobs and have him install the sight.One stop shopping.

Dave
13 March 2019, 20:56
impala#03
Don't know about the peep sight, but Renner's work on #1's is outstanding.
14 March 2019, 02:19
DManson
I called Mr. Renner to order one of his peeps. Very pleasant person, but he's no longer having them made because of the expense of inventory--his sales weren't ever huge and CNC shops want to make a minimum number before they'll fire up their machinery.

That said, he'd like to partner with someone having access to a CNC mill. If anyone knows of such a person, have them contact Mr. Renner.

Dave Manson
14 March 2019, 06:02
Fjold
Too bad, I really like the design/looks of it.

Frank