The Accurate Reloading Forums
TRACTORS?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9221043/m/946102069

03 November 2008, 06:13
Zedo
TRACTORS?
"If it has wheels . . . "

Having owned a Harley Hawg, ATV, 4WD Dodge Ram Quad Cab, I like a tractor.

It's a John Deere 4100, nothing huge but not a "riding lawnmower." Mid Chassis PTO, Hydrostatic, 20 HP diesel.

I have a 410 loader, 48" rotary mower ("Brush Hog"), 52" tiller, 10 cu. ft. trailer, Bear Cat chipper/shredder, ballast box . . .

And I just bought a 48" width Pallet Fork Attachment, 42" forks. I have no idea the capacity for this. I just know it lifts more than my tractor can. Mostly I got it for moving brush piles, small logs, limbs, palletized stock/equipment, tools.

Heavy duty "fence" behind the forks allows running up on a load/pile and pushing, or tilting back and lifting to move.

It's nice to be able to get under a load of limbs and push them where I need to push them.

Mowing or working can be more fun than ATV, or the Harley!

This and a new Stihl 361 saw w/ 25" bar. Wooooo Hoooooooo!

dancing

04 November 2008, 06:20
six4atd
Funny you mention this. I sold my HAWG this past spring to buy a JD 3520 with 72" mid-mount mower and self-leveling front end loader. Though I missed my HAWG a time or two, I love my tractor & I can honestly say it was a great move.

Not sure what your lift capacity is with the 4100, but if you push it, make sure you have some ballast on the rear end. A great site for tractors is machine underground...not that there is anything wrong with talking tractors here Smiler.

Too much is just right!
04 November 2008, 18:38
Zedo
Yeah, I have a ballest box -- full of gravel.

Sold the Hawg: I'd look in the mirrors and there'd be $100 bills blowing out my butt . . .

shocker
04 November 2008, 19:10
onefunzr2
Tractors are OK, but I've come to rely on my CAT powered 105 HP, turbo diesel Posi-Track with 4400# forks. Quick-tach 6-way dozer blade, backhoe, 8000# electric winch, and of course the dirt bucket which has a removable grapple for clamping onto things like trees and pipes.

That's a 102" wide, 45' flatbed which has a deck height of 56" when the airbag suspension is inflated. The posi-track dug that ramp in less than 2 hours.

07 November 2008, 10:59
Zedo
This thing works, except when the tines are set at the widest and I'm moving brush piles over uneven ground it can get tippy. I hate going up on three wheels!

Front heavy. I can probably rememdy that with the ballast box.