The Accurate Reloading Forums
DIY spider-web stock painting

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9111080861/m/5581087202

30 July 2014, 20:42
craigster
DIY spider-web stock painting
No mask, just paint. The over spray sorta "fogs in" the inletting.
02 August 2014, 03:22
Bill/Oregon
OK, this is more of a how not to do it, as I way oversprayed with the webbing compared to Craigsters professional result. Still, I find it an improvement over the pot metal panther ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
05 August 2014, 08:27
Idaho Sharpshooter
this is what they used to call "cobwebbing" on cars in the late 60's and into the 70's.
09 August 2014, 00:36
larrys
Bill, if you can not find the Krylon clear, go to the auto parts store and buy auto trunk paint clear coat.

Nice job, by the way.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson
10 August 2014, 03:36
Bill/Oregon
Larry, found the clear, put on a couple of coats and then rubbed on Johnson's paste wax per Craigster.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
03 February 2015, 09:33
montea6b
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
Put the stock up on Gunbroker and buy a new one.

Ok, I know this is an old post, but I can't not comment... Rich, you realize this the DIY forum, right? Given that, how does your "advice" help the OP?!
20 February 2015, 06:27
Cazador
I buy webbing paint at Hobby Lobby. These are people we should all patronize.
George
14 May 2015, 10:29
Idaho Sharpshooter
sic 'em craigster...

Go Broncos!
08 June 2017, 05:19
Atkinson
Bondo is stock material..I use it on pattern stocks, but it cracks and falls out...I would use glass bedding under paint..

I think that spidering is hard to do, I know few gun painters will use it, it looks nice I had someone in Oregon do one for a rifle I built for a ranchers daughter where I hunt elk..It was spider over a boat paddle Ruger 7 mag..came out real nice and looked great with stainless steel..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com